Executive Director, Health Sciences Budget and Finance
University Code 18914 University Title Senior Administrator, Finance University Job Family Financial Services ORP Eligible Yes For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search National Working Title Executive Director, Health Sciences Budget and Finance Position Number 592310 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group Executive & Senior Level Leadership Department VP Health Sciences Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Office of the Sr. Vice President for Health Sciences seeks applicants for the Executive Director for Health Sciences Budget and Finance position. This is a senior leadership role responsible for managing overall budget and finance operations on the health sciences campus. This position provides high level guidance, support and advice to both health sciences and university administration regarding planning, allocation of resources, formulation of budgets, communication, and training in all aspects of financial management across the campus. Provides analytic leadership in the development and implementation of integrated budgets, providing expert guidance regarding the Responsibility Centered Management ( RCM ) budget model. Provides financial leadership to ensure the development of timely, innovative strategies to enhance financial reporting and financial management, including increased revenues, cost avoidance, and cost saving opportunities.
The Executive Director provides leadership and support for the health sciences campus operating budget across all funds and accounts, including budget development activities, preparation of projections, mid-year forecasts, and trend analyses. This position informs the direction and goals for all health sciences-budget-related activities and communications to various audiences and is responsible for developing highly complex analyses and reports. Also provides direct supervision to the Director of Budgets and Financial Reporting.
Minimum Hiring Standards
– Advanced degree in accounting, finance, business administration or similar area, or a bachelor’s degree may be acceptable if combined with significant professional experience.
– At least five years of progressively responsible budget experience, preferably in a large, complex institution of higher education with multiple fund sources.
– Demonstrated understanding of government and/or not-for-profit financial and accounting practices and generally accepted principles.
– Experience preparing complex budget/financial planning models and summary budget materials, and demonstrated ability in high level financial analysis.
– Demonstrated leadership experience that includes participation in strategic planning activities, as well as excellent problem-solving and people management skills.
– A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion that includes demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment, or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU.
– Strong technological skills and experience with financial system applications.
– Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the institution. Ability to interact in a progressive and collaborative manner with diverse stakeholder groups.
– Ability to think critically and improve processes based on strategic needs.
– Demonstrated capacity for independent thought, assessment, and effective decision making. Ability to identify, define, analyze, and formulate alternative solutions to complex administrative and budget implementation issues.
Preferred Hiring Standards
– Budget experience at a Virginia public institution.
– Demonstrated experience working with an RCM budget model.
– Experience using the Banner system.
– An understanding of VCU budget systems, principles, and policies
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range Up to $150,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications Application Process/Additional Information
If interested, please submit a resume, cover letter, diversity statement (under the “other documents” section), and the names and contact information of three professional references via VCU eJobs at www.vcujobs.com.
As a preeminent national, urban, public research university and academic health center, Virginia Commonwealth University is committed to organizational diversity, equity and inclusion – an environment where all can thrive in their pursuit of excellence.
Applicants are requested to submit a Statement of Contributions to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (typically between 150-300 words) providing your career aspirations and contributions toward promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. Through this statement, you can share how your lived experiences; and past, present, and future academic and professional activities have or will contribute to VCU’s mission of promoting equity and inclusion.
Note: Examples include working with others to further the goals of equity and inclusion; leading in any capacity that tangibly promotes an environment where diversity is welcomed, fostered, and celebrated; creative activity, research and scholarship that promotes equity and parity; teaching and mentoring students, and/or engaging with faculty and/or staff from traditionally underrepresented groups to create a positive and successful organizational experience.
You may email VPHSHR@vcu.edu with any additional questions regarding this posting.
Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 a.m. Job Open Date 04/20/2021 Posting will close on or before 05/20/2021 Open Until Filled No Job Category Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/105380 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Diversity Statement (Required for all Faculty)
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Education Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Education Administration & Leadership Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond