University Code 18114 University Title Senior Finance Technician 1 University Job Family Financial Services ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Single Title Scope of Search Local Working Title Fiscal Coordinator Position Number 585260 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Graduate School Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Fiscal Technician will promote graduate education at VCU by supporting fiscal and administrative functions in the Graduate School. This individual will be responsible for processing university-wide graduate student funding awards, as well as reconciling graduate student funding and operational invoices on a monthly basis. They will also manage all aspects of the procurement activities and document imaging for graduate student support, procurement and accounts payable records. Finally, this individual will serve as a back-up to the Graduate Dean’s administrative coordinator.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Knowledge and experience in fiscal support and reconciliation required;
• Must be extremely detail-oriented, have excellent organizational and multitasking skills
• Must be willing to work independently in a fast-paced environment;
• Computer skills in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word Ability to manage several responsibilities simultaneously;
• Ability to work respectfully within an inclusive university setting, and must have demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, state, and student environment or commitment to do so;
• Ability to apply and interpret existing university and federal policies and procedures.
• Strong communication skills-must write clearly, be able to follow written directions.
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Experience handling fiscal activities;
• Ability to develop cost estimates, and schedules that effectively manage multiple projects with diverse stakeholder needs;
• Knowledge of university policies/procedures
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $37,000 - $41,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday/8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Job Open Date 04/29/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/105653 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond