Clinical Research Coordinator
University Code 34111 University Title Clinical Research Coordinator 1 University Job Family Research - Support ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Job Series Scope of Search Regional Working Title Clinical Research Coordinator Position Number 586390 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Massey Cancer Center Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
Massey is seeking qualified applicants for the position of research coordinator to support the growing and expanding CardioOncology Team.
• Responsible for all aspects of candidate enrollment and subject data management for clinical research trials. Key tasks include but are not limited to: case-finding, evaluation & abstraction of source documentation, case report form completion, database use & management, data abstraction & organization for presentation/publication.
• Utilizes multiple data capture/retrieval systems & interacts with variety of health care delivery systems to identify, track, evaluate, collate, analyze & submit subject data. Data may include but is not limited to paper data, electronic data & biological specimens.
• Collaborates closely with clinical research team, which may include Principal Investigator (PI), to ensure that key federal/state/local regulatory requirements are followed; that institutional operational research objectives are met; and that ethical obligations are kept.
• Develops, establishes and maintains productive relationships with VCU colleagues, all customers and contacts at affiliate sites to achieve essential research outcomes.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Independent judgment and critical-thinking skills. Discretionary decision-making skills. Ability to multi-task and prioritize autonomously. Excellent written & oral communications skills. Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding environment and adapt to changing client status, regulations and work environment. Detail-oriented organizational skills. Highly proficient with multiple computer applications, including but not limited to: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, spreadsheet management, PDF file creation/use, online database use/maintenance, internet-based research, network & online file maintenance & management, and custom report generation. Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology. Ability to provide own transportation to meet with patients or attend meetings within the service area or at training locations. Demonstrated commitment to diversity or a commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU .
Preferred Hiring Standards
Professional certification preferred, or eligible for certification within six months of hire. Experience with interpreting complex protocols, subject records and federal, state, local regulations preferred. Experience using health-care based clinical information systems preferred. Bachelor’s degree and experience in health research and/or healthcare-related field preferred, or an equivalent combination of training & experience.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range commensurate Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F Job Open Date 04/29/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Research Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/105681 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please describe your experience with protocol
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your experience with protocol and participant
(Open Ended Question)
- * Briefly describe any experience with oncology clinical
(Open Ended Question)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document