Publications Secretary (Part-time; 20 hrs/week, 12 months)
Job Title Publications Secretary (Part-time; 20 hrs/week, 12 months) Posting Number S901P Classification Title
Schedules appointments, gives information to callers, and otherwise relieves administrators of clerical work and minor administrative and business detail by performing the following duties. This position is a 20 hours a week 12 month, non-exempt position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Works under the direction of the publications director for management of the publications operations.
2. Assists in meeting the various students’ needs related to publications.
3. Organizes and maintains file system and files correspondence and other records.
4. Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities, and records.
5. Participates in publications annual budget preparations.
6. Orders and maintains supplies and arranges for equipment maintenance.
7. Tracks program monthly spending and maintains monthly budget spreadsheet, submitting to department chair for review.
8. Maintains financial records: requisitions for checks and cash advances, student payments (for travel expenses, banquet attendance, etc.), reimbursements, reconciliation of cash advances. Liaison’s with third-party vendors as needed.
9. Provides general oversight for publications student workers, coordinating student worker time with faculty, and publication needs.
10. Coordinates publications travel for conferences, collecting travel documents, releases and payments from students, booking airfares with the university travel agent as well as hotel accommodations, meal stipends, etc. Coordinates pre-trip meetings and agendas, briefing students on travel itineraries.
11. Completes Student Worker Authorizations or new hire packets for students on the publications staff who receive a stipend for their work, scanning these documents and sending to publications director and department chair. Manages an up-to-date live budget spreadsheet, accessible to publications director and department chair, reflecting these expenditures.
12. Coordinates the monthly time log spreadsheet for students and manages the master publication staff roster with up-to-date information (i.e., student ID numbers, positions on staff, permanent addresses, contact information, etc.), updating their personnel files.
13. Facilitates and schedules department photos for the Angelos yearbook via a Google Sheet sent to all relevant department and office secretaries.
14. Schedules publications events (guest speakers, promotional events, publication distribution events, workshops, meetings, banquets, etc.) with the Office of Conferences & Events in a timely manner.
15. Liaisons with other departments on campus and distributes materials as requested (i.e. publication photos, videos or PDFs for Marketing & Communication, publications, archived photos for departments and offices).
16. Sends out information about the publications to prospective students (i.e., email blasts, scholarship and publication staff applications).
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time student workers, in order to complete office and publication work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices; filing.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented.
Ability to relate positively and effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Ability to plan, develop and coordinate multiple projects.
Knowledge of standard budgeting, and expenditure control procedures and documentation.
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and/or one to two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6431 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Part Time jobs in Riverside
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Riverside
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Part Time jobs in Riverside