Executive Director, College/Division Business Operations (HPM) - (STA007291)
Directs the development, implementation and administration of business operations for a complex college or division. Engages in strategic planning and analysis, and serves as point of contact for fiscal and administrative matters.
- Directs overall strategic planning as well as the creation and implementation of annual budget. Reviews budget and personnel reports submitted by subordinates, and conducts analyses and projections.
- Provides financial accountability and ensures compliance with state, university and external funding agencies. Provides direct oversight of college's business staff in charge of financial and personnel matters.
- Serves as resource to dean, chairs and directors on strategic financial and administrative matters, as well as policies and program development. Writes policy statements, facilitates management decisions, and engages in long-range planning and analysis.
- Leads major projects, which may include capital construction, building renovation, and the creation of new departments and programs.
- Directs procurement operations, including contracts, purchasing and travel.
- Oversees the administration of the college's accounting records, including sponsored project accounts. Ensures compliance with applicable policies and procedures and supervises business audit reviews.
- Oversees the administration of the human resource and payroll processes for the college, including position budget management, faculty affairs, and staff performance evaluation.
- Interprets university policies and procedures and arranges for staff training as appropriate.
- Serves as liaison with executives and administrative offices regarding fiscal and operational issues. Represents the college or division on committees and in other administrative contexts.Performs other job-related duties as required.
Bachelors and 7 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of seven (7) years of directly job-related experience. Certification/Licensing: None.
Additional Information / Preferred Qualifications:
1. Experience in working with external auditors for non-profits
2. Experience in providing oversight over grants and other contracts for financial reporting purposes
3. Experience with the HR/Payroll verification process
4. Strong Excel skills with data analytics and experience working with integrated financial systems for large organizations
5. CPA preferred
Notes to Applicant: 11-9199.02 - Compliance Managers
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Management Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business Administration Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston