Nursing (Registered Nurse - RN) Assistant Professor
Job Posting Title Nursing (Registered Nurse - RN) Assistant Professor Location Los Rios Community College District (Sacramento City College) Department Location Science and Allied Heath Posting Number F00820P The Institution
Founded in 1916, Sacramento City College ( SCC ) is a multi-campus, urban college that consists of a 70-acre main campus across from William Land Park. The College has two educational centers, one in Davis on the campus of the University of California, Davis, and one in West Sacramento located adjacent to the public library, community center, and civic center. SCC is a vibrant teaching and learning institution with approximately 20,000 day and evening students and is recognized as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution ( HSI ) and an Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution ( AANAPISI ).
SCC has a rich history in the community and has expanded educational opportunities to students across the region. SCC awards Associate in Arts or Science degrees as well as Associate Degrees for Transfer, which guarantee transfer into the California State University system. The College offers Career Education certificates and degrees, transfer credit for students who desire to continue their education at a four-year college or university, and instruction in basic skills such as English, English as a second language, and mathematics.
Faculty and staff at SCC value a collaborative and diverse campus community. As one of four colleges within the Los Rios Community College District, Sacramento City College embraces change, values excellence in academic achievement, and supports the success of students as they pursue their dreams.
The faculty member shall be responsible for the following: teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean; helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in his/her regular teaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review; serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including accreditation and student co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of a full-time faculty member as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
The college is hiring a Registered Nurse (RN) Nursing faculty member.
Position Salary Information:
Initial maximum salary placement is based on academic degree, upper/graduate level units earned, and/or related professional occupational experience per the Los Rios College Federation of Teachers ( LRCFT ) contract Article 2 (The initial maximum placement is Class V, Step 8).
The instructional assignment may include, but is not limited to, teaching courses in all levels of Nursing offered at the college in addition to:
● Supporting a learning environment that promotes student success.
● Teaching that encourages life-long learning and critical thinking and engagement.
● Working with diverse populations of students.
● Incorporating contextualized learning to promote student engagement and understanding.
● Maintaining knowledge of trends and challenges facing community college students.
● Preparing entry level nurses with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to deliver quality and safe patient care in accordance with the competencies of the Quality and Safety Education for Nurses ( QSEN ).
● Teaching Medical-surgical nursing.
● Teaching theory and Clinical practices in the Associate Degree Nursing Program.
Other duties and teaching assignments will be determined by the Director of Nursing based on the needs of the Registered Nursing and Vocational Nursing Programs
The instructional assignment may include day, evening, online, hybrid, weekend, and/or off campus classes.
Work Year 164 days Work Schedule Total Hrs per Week/Day Special Requirements Minimum Qualifications
1. Have a master’s degree in Nursing. All degrees must be from an accredited institution, completed by August 19, 2021.
2. Direct patient care experience within the previous five years in the nursing area which can be met by A or B below:
(A) One year’s continuous, full-time or its equivalent experience providing direct patient care as a registered nurse in the designated nursing area;
(B) One academic year of registered nurse level clinical teaching experience in the designated nursing area or its equivalent that demonstrates clinical competency.
3. Completion of at least one year’s experience teaching courses related to registered nursing or completion of a post-baccalaureate course which includes practice in teaching registered nursing.
4. Hold and maintain a current California license as a Registered Nurse, by August 19, 2021.
5. Must hold/obtain and maintain the necessary licenses, certificates, etc., as needed for external agency(ies) accreditation.
6. Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
• Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation and/or professional experience is the equivalent of the degrees/minimum qualifications listed above.
• If your degree title differs from the minimum qualifications listed above, you are requested to submit this equivalency statement. Please visit our website for information on, and a sample letter for, the equivalency process.
Applicants applying to this position are REQUIRED to complete fully and submit:
1. Los Rios Community College District Faculty Application
2. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (indicating degree completion or conferral date)
3. Resume or Curriculum Vitae
4. Two letters of recommendation
5. Letter of Interest
6. Copy of Nursing License/Certification
• Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified.
• Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
• Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.
• Los Rios employees are also required to submit unofficial copies of transcripts.
• Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
• A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
• Foreign transcript evaluations ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Physical Demands Salary $48,329 to $80,125 annually. Additional earnings may be available for summer, overload, and stipends. LRCCD Salary Schedules Additional Salary Information Entering annual salary within a given range varies, depending upon units/degrees completed at accredited colleges/universities and experience. Candidates not holding a master's degree may start at a salary lower than posted above.
Posting Date 04/29/2021 Closing Date 06/01/2021 Open Continuously No Beginning and/or Ending Dates
Full-Time, Tenure-Track Position
Beginning on or about August 19, 2021.
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 during regular business hours Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to HR@losrios.edu. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m. of the posting closing date.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.
Contingent on funding and eligibility, successful candidates selected for a face-to-face interview may be eligible to apply for partial reimbursement of travel expenses, up to a maximum of $450. Candidate Travel Reimbursement click here
Quicklink https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/15229 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering
the question below, I certify that the information provided by me
is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and
belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained
herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I
release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing
such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or
misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if
applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for
disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of
an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to
complete the form 'Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime',
P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed
pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed
click on the link and download the form https://losrios.edu/lrccd/shared/doc/hr/forms/p-881.pdf
and attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- No answer
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- * Please indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for
this position. Select the appropriate answer.
- I possess the minimum qualifications for this discipline as listed on the job announcement. (Attach unofficial transcripts from an accredited college/university and/or evidence of job experience.)
- I possess a valid California Community College Credential for this discipline. (Attach a copy of appropriate credential with application.)
- I possess qualifications equivalent to those listed and have attached evidence. (To review Equivalency Process.)
- I have previously been granted equivalency to teach this discipline by the Los Rios Community College District. (Attach the Equivalency Determination Form P-38 and transcripts.)
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Handshake (CSU, UC Job Boards)
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - API (Asian Pacific Islander Legacy)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association (BFSA)
- LRCCD Resource Group Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- The HUB
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
- Equivalency Determination Letter (P-38 or Equivalency Request Statement)
- California Community College Instructor’s Credential
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation