Assistant Director of Business Affairs
POSITION SUMMARY/PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Assistant Director of Business Affairs directs the business and human resource operations for the Maryland Applied Graduate Engineering (MAGE) office. Activities, including, but not limited to: budgeting, human resources, accounting, procurement, financial forecasting, billing, revenue tracking, and other activities related to the running of the administrative and financial aspects of MAGE. The Assistant Director is considered a member of the office senior leadership team and in this capacity must serve as an advisor to the Assistant Dean for Continuing Education and office staff. This position interprets, analyzes and advises on University policies and procedures to ensure compliance. This position supervises a Business Services Specialist.
The A. James Clark School of Engineering at the University of Maryland serves as the catalyst for high-quality research, innovation, and learning, delivering on a promise that all graduates will leave ready to impact the Grand Challenges (e.g., energy, environment, security, and human health) of the 21st century. The Clark School is dedicated to leading and transforming the engineering discipline and profession, to accelerating entrepreneurship, and to transforming research and learning activities into new innovations that benefit millions.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, business, finance or a related field.
Minimum 5-7 years of experience in budgeting, forecasting, reconciliation, and/or revenue tracking, including 1-3 years of experience supervising staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Excel to prepare and analyze complex spreadsheets
- Highly developed organization skills.
- Ability to multi-task, and attention to detail
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills and ability to summarize financial information
- Highly organized, proactive, solution-driven, and customer-service oriented individual.
- Master’s degree preferred
• Experience in higher education
• Experience at University of Maryland system (including knowledge of various systems such as KFS, ELF, PHR)
Primarily sedentary work. The employee is required to have the ability to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; spending long periods of time viewing a computer terminal; and extensive reading. Must have the ability to traverse distances on campus for meetings.
Closing Date: 05/26/2021
Submission: Resume, Cover Letter and List of References via https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/82361