ANATOMY - GROSS AND DEVELOPMENTAL ANATOMY
GROSS and DEVELOPMENTAL ANATOMY
ASSOCIATE OR FULL PROFESSOR
University of Medicine and Health Sciences
Location: UMHS campus in St. Kitts, West Indies
The University of Medicine and Health Sciences-St. Kitts (UMHS) invites applications for a full time senior faculty position in Gross and Developmental Anatomy.
Gross Anatomy is taught in the first semester and is focused on team-teaching and as such faculty have adequate time to engage in research and/or writing. The UMHS academic year has three semesters with a new class intake for each; therefore, teaching responsibilities occur throughout the year.
- Developing and providing students with approved syllabi and
2. Organizing, preparing, and regularly updating course content
3. Delivering effective lectures utilizing a variety of teaching techniques and state of the art teaching technologies
4. Preparing and administering examinations, grading in a timely manner, and providing feedback to students
5. Focusing on student success by being available to students during non-teaching time
6. Serving on faculty committees
7. Supervising students in a variety of activities, including but not limited to, problem based learning activities, and human-computer simulation.
8. Participate in activities assigned by the department chair and/or University administration
- Passion for teaching
• Earned Ph.D. in Gross Anatomy
• 10+ years’ experience teaching anatomy in a medical program
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English
Gross and Developmental Anatomy focuses on the gross structure of organs and their function, and through clinical correlations, relates each to clinical medicine. An Anatomical Learning Resource Center has been established to utilize computer-based instruction, anatomical models, radiographic materials as well as supervised laboratory sessions dissecting various parts of the human body.
Students study the structure and function of all organs with some interaction with cellular structure. This course incorporates an understanding of how embryological processes give rise to the mature body form. When this course is complete, each student will have extensive knowledge of the gross anatomy and development of the entire human body as it relates clinically to the practice of medicine.
UMHS offers a traditional four-year Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree. The University operates year round and offers three semesters per calendar year which start in January, May, and September. Students complete the Basic Science Program at the UMHS at our state of the art campus in St Kitts. The fifth semester occurs at the UMHS campus in Portland, Maine. Students complete their third year of core clinical rotations and fourth year of elective rotations in one of our many affiliated, accredited teaching hospitals throughout the United States. To graduate, students must successfully complete the UMHS medical program and pass the USMLE Step1, Step 2 CK and CS. UMHS graduates are eligible to apply for a US residency and subsequently may practice medicine in the United States and Canada.
UMHS utilizes innovative teaching techniques such as a 24-bed virtual hospital, small class sizes with individualized attention, and the use of technology to enhance instruction. The faculty members are highly credentialed and recruited primarily from the United States.
UMHS offers a tax-free annual salary within certain limits, a state of the art institution on an idyllic island, the opportunity to become involved in the growth and success of the institution, and most importantly the opportunity to educate and nurture a new generation of physicians prepared to meet the 21st century health care delivery in a rapidly changing world.
See more at: http://www.umhs-sk.org
Apply for ANATOMY - GROSS AND DEVELOPMENTAL ANATOMY
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Other Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Kitts and Nevis