Director, Marketing & Sales (PRN25829B)
Directs and oversees operations and strategic planning of marketing and sales functions of the SJ Quinney College of Law. This includes marketing plans and productions, strategic sales/recruitment messaging processes, input on product/service pricing, and advertising publications, events, and online promotions. Supports the University of Utah’s goals and mission. Supports the SJ Quinney College of Law mission and vision. Acts as a catalyst between departments, faculty, staff, students, and external entities to ensure continuity and quality of service.
Category IIA: Not required on campus and able to telework
University of Utah Job ID# PRN25829B - 00096 - College of Law - Dean
COMPENSATION: $75,900 - $105,000/year
WORK SCHEDULE: Full Time
1. Directs the development and implementation of sales and
marketing objectives that are consistent with the University of
Utah’s goals and objectives and the SJ Quinney College of Law
mission and vision.
2. May establish sales territories and quotas and evaluate sales performance of University products and services.
3. Oversee, in conjunction with UMC, the launch and maintenance of the CoL website.
4. Manage and develop marketing programs and materials to promote the SJ Quinney College of Law, research, events, and services.
5. Provides strategic direction by setting short and long-term goals, estimating budgetary requirements for staff, space and equipment planning, and implementing special projects and policies.
6. Develops strategies consistent with the University of Utah’s continuous quality improvement program.
7. Oversees all aspects of staff management including recruitment and retention of assigned staff.
8. Forecasts staffing, capital and operating budget needs in evaluating and reporting on market sensitivity, financial analysis, space utilization review, staff performance evaluation, etc.
9. Ensures customer satisfaction by analyzing complaints, concerns and suggestions and providing appropriate follow-through.
10. Oversees the analysis and determination of appropriate staff mix to support customer needs.
11. Ensures competency of management/supervisory staff through the development and/or presentation of educational programs and through on-going staff performance evaluation.
12. Markets and promotes new and existing programs and services to internal and external customers.
13. Participates in university-wide committees to establish customer service and administrative plans and policies.
14. Serve as a member of the College of Law leadership team
15. Facilitates cooperative and collaborative community and institutional relationships.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or
related area, or equivalency; eight years of progressively more
responsible management experience; and demonstrated leadership,
human relations and effective communications skills required.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
PREFERENCES: Incumbents in this position have the authority to manage designated programs and services. They are responsible for ensuring that diverse customer, family and community issues affecting customer service are resolved. Directs the planning and administration of the budget and makes spending decisions within budget guidelines. Oversees program development and ensures that policies and procedures are followed.
TO APPLY, VISIT: https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/113920
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), for further information or to request an accommodation. The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.