Overview: Lourdes University, rooted in Catholic and Franciscan traditions, provides a values-centered education that enriches lives and advances academic excellence through the integration of the liberal arts and professional studies. In support of this mission, Lourdes University nurtures a diverse community that supports students in fulfilling their potential, commits to the engagement of faith and reason, inspired by our Catholic and Franciscan intellectual traditions, and provides a holistic, student-centered education rooted in the liberal arts.
Lourdes University invites applicants for the position of Success Coach.
The Success Coach will work directly with students to ensure successful completion of competency-based education programs. Success coaches will provide support, motivation, and equip students with the necessary resources to be successful. This will be accomplished by using learner driven data to provide a personalized coaching experience for students.
This position will focus on the specific support needs of competency-based education students, who are anticipated to be primarily adult learners. The role includes coordinating individual support services, and linking students to campus and community resources - based on individual assessment. This person will serve as a liaison to ensure communication between students, faculty, and the Academic Success Center Staff in order to improve student success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create an effective communication plan for the student caseload.
- Provide program guidance through the duration of the program.
- Develop and maintain relationships with students, program faculty, and staff.
- Enforce program instruction and requirements for successful completion.
- Closely monitors student’s progression utilizing program analytics.
- Identifies student’s strengths and challenges to create a personal plan of action for completion of the program.
- Work closely with academic advisors and program facilitators to ensure the success of each student.
- Email, phone calls, Zoom meetings, and meet with students regularly regarding student success of the program.
- Serve as a mentor and provide solutions to student concerns.
- Use diverse technologies to help students meet their educational goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, counseling, communication, or closely related field-required. Master’s degree in education, counseling, communication, or closely related field – preferred.
- At least one year of experience in a student focused role
- Experience working in higher education settings.
- Experience with multidimensional factors of retention of diverse and disadvantaged students.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of students.
- Skilled with learning management systems and other technologies.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work faculty, staff, and other stakeholders.
- Proficient with collecting and interpreting student data-preferred
Lourdes University is developing a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in an inclusive environment where differences are valued and respected. Successful candidates must be committed to working with diverse student and community populations. People of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, other minorities, and intersectional individuals are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please click here.