PA Assistant Professor
As a member of the Marietta College Physician Assistant Program, each faculty member will be involved with duties of teaching, scholarship/professional development, service and advising. Faculty members will represent the College and the PA program at state, regional, and national meetings and seminars. All faculty members have the option to maintain clinical practice one day/week.
Faculty members are expected to participate with all aspects of the program, including meeting with prospective students, admissions, department/program committee meetings, curriculum design/instruction/evaluation, student evaluation/remediation, student advising/counseling and serving on committees within the department and College.
All faculty appointments report directly to the Program Director of the Marietta College Physician Assistant Program. Faculty members will maintain good communication and positive/professional working relationships with other department members and students.
The position requires the individual to possess the knowledge and clinical skills needed to conduct the curriculum of the PA program. This includes, but is not limited to, the ability to perform the following functions related to student education: 1) designing curriculum, 2) implementing curriculum, 3) coordinating curriculum, 4) course instruction, 5) evaluating curriculum, 6) evaluating student performance, 7) evaluating the MCPA program.
- Terminal degree in field (Masters minimum)
- Current NCCPA certification
- Current or eligibility for Ohio state licensure
- Minimum of two years of clinical experience required
- Teaching experience highly desirable (PA education preferred)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with educational and office technology (i.e. Microsoft Office and PowerPoint)