Director, Full-Time MBA Program (PRN25969B)
At the David Eccles School of Business, students engage with
world-class faculty, dive into experiential learning, and create
connections to launch their careers. The David Eccles School of
Business is distinguished by the entrepreneurial and experiential
learning opportunities and is home to the Lassonde Entrepreneur
Institute, a nationally ranked hub for student entrepreneurs and
Located in Salt Lake City, in the foothills of the Wasatch Mountains, the University of Utah is a member of the PAC-12 Conference and is the flagship institution of the State of Utah’s system of higher education. Salt Lake City combines the amenities of a major metropolitan area of over one million people with the friendliness and ease of living of a small, Western city. Seven major ski resorts are within an hour of downtown, and opportunities to pursue activities from biking to hiking to fishing abound. Salt Lake is also home to the Utah Symphony and Opera, the Utah Ballet, several professional sports teams, and a wide range of other cultural and recreational activities.
The David Eccles School of Business at the University of Utah is seeking a dynamic leader for the position of Director of the Full-Time Master of Business Administration program to help this nationally ranked program continue to grow and expand. The Director sets the vision and strategy for the Full-Time MBA program.
Primary responsibilities include: admissions and recruitment (national and international), collaboration across all MBA programs to ensure a coordinated recruiting strategy, industry outreach, monitoring and proposing improvements to curriculum and co-curricular experiences, managing course demand and assisting in capacity planning, ensuring student satisfaction, program growth, student quality, career management and job placement, and managing alumni activities. The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively in teams. Strong communication, relationship management, technical, project management, strategic planning, sales, and organizational skills are also critical to the role.
University of Utah Job ID# PRN25969B - 00033 - Executive Education
COMPENSATION: $103,700 to $150,000/year
WORK SCHEDULE: Full Time, Monday – Friday, with possible schedule adaptations to support students and recruiting activities.
Strategy & Leadership
• Lead ongoing development and implementation of the strategy for the Full-Time MBA program in conjunction with faculty and the associate dean.
• Communicate the vision, plan, and culture for the program to the internal and external community.
• Develop strategy to drive and improve Full-Time MBA program rankings, including but not limited to US News, Bloomberg, Forbes, Financial Times and others.
• Serve as a visible leader for the Full-Time MBA Program both internally and externally and act as an advocate for the program in the local and national community by engaging with companies and partners.
• Supervise the program staff and all associated activities.
Admissions & Recruiting
• Design, develop and implement strategic recruitment practices, initiatives, and programs to attract high-quality applicants and oversee the management of the admissions process from recruitment to matriculation to deliver a world-class, full-time MBA experience for participants.
• Cultivate methods to ensure a high yield of high-quality admits.
• Oversee admissions activities such as recruiting travel and campus visits.
• Design and deliver effective information sessions to prospective students.
• Conduct informational and/or admissions interviews and evaluate candidates for admission.
• Work in conjunction with the associate dean and department chairs to provide a robust set of course offerings taught by exceptional faculty.
• Counsel and advise MBA students to ensure academic success.
• Plan and deliver information sessions, orientation, graduation, alumni events, and other events as appropriate.
• Monitor and improve program quality by conducting mid-program and exit surveys.
• Monitor best practices in other MBA Programs and facilitate program improvement.
• Provide leadership to ensure that the curriculum and the program are aligned with the predetermined goals and objectives and learning outcomes.
• Oversee dual MBA degrees granted by the DESB (such as MS/MBA, JD/MBA, MHA/MBA) and maintain necessary relationships with associated colleges.
• Assist in the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) learning assurance process for the MBA program.
• Develop and foster positive and constructive relationships with other program directors, department chairs, associate and assistant deans, the dean, faculty, and staff.
**This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Health Care Administration, clinical field, or related area, or equivalency; nine years of progressively more responsible management experience; and demonstrated leadership, staff management, and effective communications skills required.
Completion of hospital provided supervisory training within one year of employment may also be required.
This position has no responsibility for providing care to patients.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
• Master’s degree in Business Administration or related area
preferred. Applicants with an MBAdegree from the David Eccles
School of Business will receive top priority.
• The individual who is a good fit for this position includes one with a high-level sales background or leadership roles in a business setting. Because of the significant recruiting and public relations components of the job, the successful candidate will need excellent interpersonal skills. An extensive network of contacts inside and outside of the state of Utah is a plus.
• Ability to lead a team and mentor team members, apply excellent judgment and problem-solving skills, and help the team adapt to changing priorities with ease and efficiency. A strong ability to handle confidential and non-routine information with discretion and sensitivity.
• Excellent strategic leadership and management skills; the ability to attract, motivate and retain a committed team with business development and ongoing customer satisfaction responsibilities; someone who can develop and adjust strategies, build budgets, work collaboratively with other university and external teams, and manage multiple projects.
• Demonstrated skills in an institutional environment utilizing a customer-oriented and service-centered attitude.
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal, project management, and communication skills; can think strategically and manage through influence, and be skilled in managing complex organizations.
• Logical thinking and creative problem-solving skills are a must.
• A strong understanding of the specifics of delivering a high-quality MBAprogram and a passion for education, student satisfaction, and mentoring.
TO APPLY, VISIT: https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/114549
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), for further information or to request an accommodation. The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.