Director of Financial Aid
The Director of Financial Aid will provide vision, leadership, and direction for the overall direction and management of federal, state, and institutional financial aid programs for the ASU-Beebe campuses at Beebe, Heber Springs, Searcy and the Little Rock Air Force Base.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for maintaining Title IV Participation agreement with the U.S. Department of Education. Submits new programs for approval and ensures compliance with Title IV aid programs.
2. Prepares, writes, and files required state and federal reports by published deadlines; answers questions and provides information during audits and official reviews to justify policies, procedures, and variances.
3. Administers satisfactory academic progress (SAP) evaluation and oversees appeal process for students seeking reinstatement of financial aid eligibility.
4. Supervises, trains, manages, and evaluates Financial Aid staff on duty areas and monitors packaging activity for accuracy.
5. Monitors enrollment reports to identify students subject to Return of Title IV aid policy. Calculates aid earned, makes necessary adjustments, and notifies students and accounts receivable of outcome.
6. Establishes, modifies, and upgrades computer parameters in need analysis, fund management, document tracking, and reporting programs; updates department policies and procedures to ensure compliance with fund limitations and requirements.
7. Manages department budget. Monitors and approves departmental expenditures. Monitors and reconciles Federal and State aid accounts.
8. Coordinates financial aid workshops on campus and at area high schools (FAFSA workshops) in collaboration with admissions staff.
Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Required Education and/or Experience: A Bachelor\’s degree and a minimum of five (5) years experience in the financial industry including direct experience in managing Financial Aid and a minimum of five (5) years supervisory experience.
Preferred Education and/or Experience: Advanced degree in college student personnel, higher education administration, business management or related discipline and NASFAA professional credentials.