Assistant Director of Wellness Services; Wellness Education and Prevention
Find out why our AMAZING team members love working for Northwest Missouri State University Wellness Services! We are passionate about health, wellness, health promotion, prevention, well-being and student development and success. We have fun together doing the hard work necessary to make a real difference in people's lives, and we care deeply about our students, employees and community we serve.
Are you a passionate wellness educator and preventionist with experience delivering programs and services that prevent harmful behaviors and develop competencies for thriving behaviors? Has this experience equipped you to manage people, work with a team, deliver innovative programs and services, and impact wellness? Do you naturally connect with people and enjoy the variety and challenge of a dynamic, fast-paced work-environment? Are you a self-starter who does your best work when the pressure is on? If this sounds like you, read on.
We are adding a new team member to lead our wellness education and prevention area. This individual will:
- Plan and implement comprehensive wellness education and prevention programs and services for students, employees, and community members
- Support campus-wide health promotion and well-being efforts
- Inspire positive behaviors with contemporary marketing, communications, and social norming
- Lead your team members including coordinators, graduate assistants, and student staff
- Identify needs and assess the effectiveness of our efforts
- Support the team, division, institution and community towards our shared goals
If the following characteristics and skills describe you, we want to meet you!
- You are passionate about wellness, health promotion and prevention
- You have completed a bachelor's degree (masters preferred) in Health Education, Health Promotion, Public Health or related field
- You have 2+ years’ experience in wellness education, prevention, health promotion, or a related field (preferably in higher education)
- You may even be a Certified Health Education Specialist (not required)
- You have a commitment to excellence in all areas of wellness and prevention programs and services
- You’re a lifelong learner in this quickly evolving field
- You have a passion for growing, developing and empowering staff and students
- You have exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to lead, supervise and motivate others
- You have the ability to build and sustain effective collaboration with university and community partners
- You have an ability to quickly assess and problem-solve in complex situations through effective listening, consultation, data analysis and critical thinking skills
- You have strong assessment and analytical skills and a track record of implementing best practices
- You are a skilled communicator who is able to deliver clear, concise presentations and reports
Why should you consider working for us?
- Our institution and community are the ideal size for you to make a difference and have an impact
- We have a strong learning culture and want our people to grow and succeed
- We take our work seriously, but not ourselves
- We have a positive collaborative culture where we help each other succeed
- We embrace a holistic approach to our own wellness including work and life outside of work
- We offer a competitive annual salary and comprehensive benefit package
COMMUNITY: Northwest Missouri State University is located in Maryville, Missouri, a community of 12,000 with a diverse economy and a strong industrial base. Maryville is located 45 miles north of St. Joseph, Missouri, and 90 miles north of Kansas City, Missouri. For more information visit the city’s website at www.maryville.org.
UNIVERSITY: With an enrollment of more than 7,200 students, Northwest is a coeducational, primarily residential four-year university that offers a broad range of undergraduate and selected graduate programs on its Maryville campus as well as its Northwest-Kansas City location at the Northland Innovation Center and through Northwest Online.
Founded in 1905, Northwest places a high emphasis on profession-based learning to help graduates get a jumpstart on their careers. Students have opportunities to build their résumés with experiences on campus in nearly every area of study, including the Horace Mann Laboratory School, National Public Radio affiliate KXCV, the R.T. Wright Farm, Mozingo Outdoor Education Recreation Area or Knacktive, a student-driven integrated digital marketing communications agency.
The University is a national model for student success and career placement. In addition, 96 percent of Northwest bachelor’s degree earners and 99 percent of master’s degree earners secure employment or continue their education within six months of graduation, according to the most recent data. Zippia, a career website, names Northwest the best college in Missouri for getting a job.
Furthermore, its vibrant and diverse learning community offers more than 150 student organizations, and textbooks and a laptop are included in tuition, which is among the lowest in the nation, saving students an estimated $7,200 over four years. Northwest also offers 1,200 student employment positions, allowing students to build professional skills through its internationally benchmarked student employment program. Designated the Missouri Arboretum, the Northwest campus was named one of the “50 Most Amazing University Botanical Gardens and Arboretums in the U.S.”
For more information about Northwest and its performance, visit www.nwmissouri.edu.
SALARY: Under review
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 13, 2021
DATE AVAILABLE: June 1, 2021
TO APPLY: To view the full job description and to fill out the Northwest application online by clicking http://agency.governmentjobs.com/nwmissouri/default.cfm to reach our employment opportunities listing. You will also need to submit a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for three references in order for your application materials to be complete. Please contact the Office of Human Resources at 660-562-1127 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.