Tutor - Digital Multimedia & Design
TUTOR - STUDY SKILLS
CITY COLLEGES OF CHICAGO - HAROLD WASHINGTON COLLEGE
The part-time Tutor will assistant students with tutoring and instructional support to help improve their academic capabilities and progress academically, while promoting independent learning and self-reliance. The tutor will help students build high level study skills that will help them with the remainder of the academic careers.
- Provides academic assistance to assigned tutees, either in a group or individually.
- Establishes liaison with the instructor and works under the instructor’s direction to assist the student.
- Attends periodic training sessions given by staff members to increase competency in working with students.
- Maintains records on each student who is being tutored, including follow-up and periodic assessment.
- Schedules tutoring appointments.
- Provides evaluations and other reports as required by staff.
- Helps students develop positive attitudes toward learning and studying and helps students develop a high level of motivation in academic areas.
- Assists students in achieving a better understanding of specific subject material and in improving academic capabilities in designated areas.
- Helps students develop the study skills necessary for academic success.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with the assigned students.
- Assists in designing and implementing class cooperative
- Completion of an Associates degree required. Bachelor's degree
- Must be able to demonstrate and teach study skills
- Possess excellent communication skills, and the ability to work
with a diverse student body.
- Must be self-directed and able to complete assignments in a
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago