Closing Infant/Toddler/Two's Teacher
Position Type Administrative Appointment Classification Title Teacher Position's Functional Title Closing Infant/Toddler/Two's Teacher Position Start Date Position End Date (if temporary) Position Summary
Governors State University seeks to fill the position of Closing Infant/Toddler Teacher. Salary is $29,500
The successful candidate will have the responsibility to implement a success oriented, developmentally appropriate program for Early Head Start children in a mixed age classroom ages 6 weeks to 3 years.
Early Head Start teachers integrate all aspects of Early Head Start Performance Standards, NAEYC standards, and Illinois Day Care Regulations into the schedule and curriculum for each child including any special items as directed including but not limited to nutrition, behavior, or Individual Family Service Plans.
Early Head Start teachers work in teaching teams of two or three in conjunction with the Education Director to design the environment and create lesson plans to meet the individual health, safety, social-emotional, and academic needs of the children.
Additionally, the applicant must be able to create a warm and accepting environment for children, parents, volunteers, community representatives and staff and serve as models for GSU students.
Current or former Head Start or Early Head Start parents who meet the minimum qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Three positions are available.
At least 19 years of age
High School Diploma
Awarded a Child Development Associate Credential awarded by the Council for Professional Recognition or NAEYC defined equivalent.
60 college credits with a minimum of A minimum of 12 college credits in child development, early childhood education, or early childhood education that encompasses the following: child development and learning of children birth through kindergarten; family and community relationships; observing, documenting, and assessing young children; teaching and learning; and professional practices and development.
Must be able to speak and write in English
As of September 30, 2017 all teachers and assistants and aides are required to have an Illinois Early Childhood Education Credential Level 1 Credential
1 year of experience in a licensed infant/toddler/two’s classroom
Posting Date 04/28/2021 Closing Date Open Until Filled Yes Posting Number AP0252P Type of Search External Quicklink for Posting https://employment.govst.edu/postings/5936 Employee ID Department Special Instructions to Applicants
Please provide a list of three professional references with current contact information.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you 18 years of age or older?
- * Do you have at least 12 months of experience working with
infants and toddlers in a licensed child care?
- * Do you have a valid Driver's License?
- * How many years have you worked with infants and toddlers in a
- 0-1 Year
- 1-3 Years
- 3-5 Years
- 6+ Years
- * How many credit hours have you earned from courses that
directly relate to infants and toddlers development?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have an AA in Early Childhood/Child Development or an
AA with 18 hours of course work in Early Childhood Education/Child
- * Please answer the following question in 2-3 paragraphs: What
is your teaching philosophy in relation to infants and
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation
- List of References
- Certification/Professional License
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Education Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Other Education Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Special Education Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Teacher Education Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest