CUChange Researcher in Bidwell lab
The University of Colorado’s Center for Health and Neuroscience, Genes, and Environment (CUChange) is encouraging applications for a Full-Time Professional Research Assistant.
As a research assistant, you will aid in the collection and processing of psychological assessments, data quality control and management, human participant recruitment, screening, and research visit coordination. This position is well suited for a recent graduate pursuing a career or planning an advanced degree in psychology, neuroscience, translational human participant research, or other biomedical research.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
We are a motivated team that conducts transdisciplinary research exploring factors linked with health and risk behavior in regard to recreational and medicinal Cannabis use, anxiety, and pain management.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Assist with study participant recruitment, screening, and scheduling, leading study visits including informed consent, conducting self-report tasks with study participants, and data management and quality control. Capable of working effectively and respectfully with participants who may have diagnosed with substance use or behavioral disorders and a variety of backgrounds, lifestyles, and personalities.
What We Can Offer
Salary Range: $36,000 - $37,000
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Collaborative. Be Innovative. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree, in psychology, neuroscience, life sciences, physiology, or another related field.
- Experience conducting human participant research appointments and eligibility screenings.
What You Will Need
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work collaboratively with study staff, postdoctoral researchers, undergraduates, principle investigators, and other laboratories.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Phlebotomy experience (strongly preferred).
- REDCap project design and management.
- Experience conducting human clinical trials research and aligning with IRB guidelines.
- Experience handling biohazardous materials such as human blood, stool, and saliva samples.
- Literacy in R/RStudio, SPSS, statistical analyses.
- Wet lab experience (Extraction of peripheral blood mononuclear cells from whole blood, qPCR, real-time PCR, sandwich and bead-based ELISA, Flow Cytometry).
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- 1 Letter of Recommendation (Not Confidential)
Full consideration will be given to applicants who apply by June 1, 2021, will remain open till filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder