Program Manager, Business Minor & Business Fundamentals
The University of Colorado Boulder's Leeds School of Business encourages applications for a Program Manager, Business Minor ! Reporting to the Program Director, the Program Manager manages the student experience within the Leeds Business Minor and Leeds Business Fundamentals programs, both of which serve non-Leeds School of Business students. This role provides a high-quality customized student experience to meet the needs of the varied populations served so that all enrolled are well-equipped to achieve their diverse academic and professional goals. The primary responsibilities include: strategic student recruitment, academic & professional development advising, data management, marketing & communications and event coordination.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Located at one of the top-ranked research universities in the country, the Leeds School of Business at the University of Colorado at Boulder combines innovative teaching and groundbreaking research in a diverse academic environment. Additional information about the Leeds School is available at leeds.colorado.edu.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Strategic Student Recruitment
- Skillfully promote the Leeds Business Minor and Leeds Business Fundamentals to Faculty, Academic Advisors and their advisees to reach enrollment goals set forth by the Dean.
- Lead recruitment efforts at campus fairs, information sessions, class visits, departmental tabling, prospective student office hours, etc.
- Actively participate in cross campus committees to further extend network and develop greater understanding of various college and/or partner needs and interests.
Academic and Professional Development Advising
- Serve as primary Advisor to 2000+ students seeking academic and professional support.
- Increase program retention by executing proactive communications for low performing and/or disengaged students. Collaborate with cross campus colleagues and partners to address students of concern.
- Enforce university and college-specific policies, manage student expectations and bridge student interests to appropriate co-curricular offerings.
- Primary contact during course registration cycles, addressing enrollment challenges and ensuring student record accuracy.
- Manage Career Readiness Certificate promotion, events, student progress and awarding of certificates.
- Serve as Leeds Business Minor and Leeds Business Fundamentals Salesforce superuser to track student enrollment, academic progress and engagement.
- Utilize CU-SIS and Salesforce data to build reports and dashboards to forecast future course needs, implement proactive advising, identify areas of program improvement and retention/intervention.
- Manage multi-system processes (e.g. map data between Salesforce, Qualtrics, Marketing Cloud and other platforms to create automated systems and dynamic personalized communications).
- Manage opt-in texting and mass SMS campaigns.
- Influential in data integrity and automation improvements, as well as innovative data technology undertakings to further empower students towards program completion (e.g. badging, gamification, etc.).
Marketing and Communications
- Responsible for writing and delivering targeted internal student communications (e.g. newsletters, videos, texts, etc.) through various tech platforms (e.g. Marketing Cloud, Canvas, Mogli, Animoto, etc.) reliant on Salesforce data.
- Facilitate student focus groups and/or student interviews to collect future marketing content and ongoing program feedback.
- Collaborate with Program Director on customizing external facing print, web and video-based marketing and communications.
- Plan and run ten events per semester for 10-600 people (e.g. integrity workshops, business competitions, recognition ceremonies, etc.) held both virtually and in-person.
- Collaborate with cross campus offices (e.g. Leeds Centers of Excellence, CU Career Services, etc.) and external partners to provide meaningful student engagement.
- Manage event-related registrations and expenses to confirm return on investment.
What We Can Offer
The salary range is $52,000 - $60,000. Relocation is available within department guidelines.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Dynamic. Be Resourceful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or combination of experience and education may substitute.
- Minimum 1 year professional working experience.
What You Will Need
- Strong self-initiative and collaborative workstyle.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Professional, diplomatic and conscientious.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Confident with technology.
- Must be flexible in meeting the day-to-day needs of the office.
- Promotes creating an inclusive environment to reflect our values and vision at Leeds.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Master's degree from an accredited institution.
- 3 or more years of experience in higher education admissions, academic advising and/or career counseling.
- Desire to be both student-facing and engaged in back-end operations.
- Proficient in Salesforce and Microsoft Excel.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by May 9, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu