Part-time Student Services Counselor - Health Insurance Waiver Coordinator
This position is responsible for the administration of the student health insurance waiver process for all eligible students at American University. This position will provide front line customer service to students and their parents related to the health insurance waiver process through email, telephone, and in-person meetings, from point of contact to resolution. This position serves as a liaison between the student or parent and the University community working collegially with other offices within AU and external service providers to ensure health insurance waiver functions are performed in a uniform, accurate, and consistent manner. Working in conjunction with external service provider, the position will audit completed waivers, compile reports, and will assist in the review of appeals of students. This position provides feedback to Supervisor on process improvements.
- Serves as the university liaison to the health insurance company, external service provider/consultant, Student Accounts, Office of Information Technology, Office of Campus Life, Office of Risk Management, students, and other campus partners on matters relating to the health insurance waiver process.
- Reviews and reconciles premium with enrollment and billing issues with Student Accounts and the insurance company to authorize transfer of funds to insurance company.
- Serves as a resource to students and families on issues regarding, waivers, and claims filing. Manage large number of incoming calls, emails and chat as they relate to health insurance waiver process. Manage customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits; follow up to ensure resolution. Maintain record of every customer interaction using ServiceNow.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Part time - 17.5 hours per week
- Specialist A
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Minimum three years work experience in a customer service oriented position is required.
- Work and customer service experience in higher education is preferred.
- Familiarity with academic procedures is preferred. Strong problem-solving skills and excellent written and oral communication is required.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with automated data systems is required.
- Familiarity with Colleague, Office 365 and standard office systems are preferred.
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Part Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Part Time jobs in Washington D.C.