Facilities Project Manager - Construction
Under the leadership of the Director of Facilities Planning, this position coordinates campus Facilities Management projects and activities. The candidate hired will provide expertise in construction methods and scheduling to assure projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner, while complying with design standards, building codes and university standards. Additional information about the department can be found online at https://campus.dixie.edu/ .
- Coordinate projects involving repairs and maintenance of building and paving, campus signage/wayfinding, campus ADA and accessibility, furniture installation, and moving.
- Visit assigned project sites on campus regularly to ensure compliance with project plans, specifications and university standards. Act as a liaison with outside contractors in order to schedule and follow-up on work to be done, minimizing disruption of routine school studies. Report regularly on assigned projects.
- Assist the director in planning and coordinating campus and state improvement, construction and renovation projects. Assist in the development and review of plans and specifications for construction and remodeling projects.
- Manage projects from concept through design and construction, including all paperwork and closeout.
- Maintain accurate project records, compiling documentation/records of projects for statistical and historical purposes. Prepare requisites, reports and other required documents and maintain facility plans and files.
- Accomplish facilities inspections and document deficiencies requiring correction. Develop projects and/or work orders to correct deficiencies identified.
- Design and draft working and master drawings for construction projects. Update facility drawings with any changes.
- Stay current with construction management practices and procedures within higher education.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned; provide back-up to all department staff, assisting to accomplish university mission where needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Degree in Construction Management, Business Management or Architecture preferred.
- At least two years’ related experience required; experience using AutoCAD design software preferred.
- Valid Utah Driver’s License required; ability to operate motorized equipment, such as pickup truck and forklift preferred.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local procurement methods, procedures, and requirements, as well as building codes, ordinances, and regulations.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Knowledge of building design, construction, and maintenance, as well as project management principles, practices, techniques and tools.
- Good computer skills with Microsoft Office and other editing software.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to work effectively with a wide range of diverse individuals from the campus community as well as outside contractors.
- Ability to work in both an indoor and outdoor environment, with construction noise, hazards (moving mechanical parts, vehicles, electrical current, heights, etc.), as well as the ability to lift 50 lbs or more.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Full-time professional staff (overtime-exempt) position. Annual salary of $50,000+ depending on qualifications & experience. Desired start date of July 1, 2021. Excellent benefits package included that begins on start date; includes medical, dental, vision, employee assistance and wellness programs, life, disability, retirement, undergraduate tuition waivers for employees and eligible dependents, as well as paid holidays in addition to sick and vacation leave accruals. See https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee-benefits/ under "Benefits Summary" for more details.
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Application review begins May 17 , 2021 ; position open until filled . Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information (including email) for three professional references electronically. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office at (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Dixie State University (DSU) is an open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution committed to exceptional student learning and success. DSU has adopted an instructional approach of "active learning. active life" and a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and staff committed to creating a student-centered active, applied and career-oriented learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, DSU is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120 miles), with amenities such as an international airport and professional sporting teams. Click here to learn more about the University.
Dixie State University is a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education, with more than 12,000 students. We offer over 230 programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates, endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. DSU seeks to recruit and retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas, possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic university. DSU is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Dixie State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or DSU’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel Sainsbury - email@example.com , HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco - firstname.lastname@example.org , 435-652-7731.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, email@example.com , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, firstname.lastname@example.org , 303-844-5695.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George