Manager, Enterprise Applications
The Enterprise Applications Manager position is highly technical in nature and leads a team of system administrators that manage applications that have an impact at the departmental and enterprise levels. This position reports to the Executive Director of Enterprise Systems. The position involves managing day to day operations and projects, performing software installation and maintenance, application administration, problem resolution, systems security, and planning and recommendations for system upgrades. System duties are performed on a variety of operating systems including Windows Server, Red Hat Linux, Ubuntu, and cloud-based hosting environments.
Applications Support and Management
- Manage team to provide excellent customer-centric support services, recommendations, and solutions to the campus community with respect to systems within the application team, including jointly working with users to implement optimal configuration of software and refine business processes to align with UTC's strategic goals .
- Oversee coordination by team staff for solution requirements definition, design, development, delivery, documentation, quality assurance, appropriate approvals (user and/or management), training, troubleshooting, problem solving, and define any other steps required or the solution.
- Oversee coordination by team staff for database/system administration and ensuring system performance, availability, and security.
- Supervise and manage day to day operations, team performance, attendance, and goals.
System Administration and Solution Development
- Position will both coordinate and personally administer systems, including requirements analysis, programming, testing troubleshooting, maintenance, documentation, security procedures, database administration and software installation and updates.
- Evaluate technical requirements to accurately estimate time and cost of identified options to make recommendations on approach from both business and technical perspectives.
- Work with vendors to provide solution components related to technologies and implementations.
- Directly perform design, development and testing of custom solution components and reporting.
- Leads implementation, customization, and integration efforts for Enterprise Systems, including developing implementation plans and delegating tasks needed to carry out the project.
Enterprise System Implementations and Maintenance
- Responsible for overall work efforts in the development and implementation of new systems, networks, and/or databases.
- Lead project teams to develop and implement new systems, networks, and/or databases, including planning, managing resources, and delivering final products.
- Research and trains on new systems, and/or database technologies.
- Provide direction and guidance for existing and emerging technologies along with participating in complex and mission critical technical analysis.
- Ensure the proper design, configuration, and maintenance of enterprise systems. • Ensure overall architecture of new systems integrates within the current environment.
- Plan and execute the decommissioning of services that are no longer in use and/or replaced by a newer service.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Knowledge of enterprise application development and support procedures.
- Knowledge of cloud computing.
- Knowledge of ITIL escalation procedures and service level agreements (SLA's).
- Effective skills in research and analysis, project planning and implementation.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships with clients, co-workers, and vendors.
- Effective customer service skills to engage customer, resolve issues with a sense of urgency, and communicate in a timely manner.
- Excellent decision-making, time-management, and planning skills.
- Customer-centric approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to be a self-starter and motivated to move projects forward.
- Ability to coach and mentor staff and develop the human capital of the organization.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a highly demanding environment.
Review of applications will begin on May 10th and continue until the position is filled. Applications received by this date will receive priority consideration.
High School Diploma; at least 5 years of System Administrator experience; and at least 2 years of supervisory/team lead experience in IT.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent related experience preferred; experience in a higher education setting; experience administering enterprise level systems; experience leading and providing guidance on complex projects; knowledge of the following systems and tools is preferred: Active Directory, Microsoft 365 including Exchange Online and SharePoint Online administration, PowerShell, Google Apps Suite for Education including Gmail administration; familiarity with EMS, Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, Microsoft InTune, JAMF, MicroFocus, and other industry-leading software solutions Skills; and problem resolution via PowerShell, Bash, and other command line interfaces.
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chattanooga
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chattanooga
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Chattanooga
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Chattanooga
- Chief Technology & Information Officers Not specified Full Time jobs in Chattanooga