To create a Posting, first complete the information on this screen, then click the 'Next' button or select the page in the left hand navigation menu. Proceed through all sections completing all necessary information. To submit the Posting to Human Resources, you must go to the 'Posting Summary Page' by clicking on the 'Next' button until you reach the Posting Summary Page or select Posting Summary Page from the left navigation menu. Once a summary page appears, hover your mouse over the orange Action button for a list of possible approval step options.
Working Title Academic Assistant Department College of Health and Human Services Compensation Title Academic Advisor - College of Health Professions Position Number 30022325 Position Status Regular Work Schedule
M-F 8:15 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. with occasional evenings and weekend activities.
Hours per Week 37.5 Months per Year 12 Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. We embrace inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is encouraged.
Purpose of Position
This position is to support the evaluation and admission of students applying to Northern Kentucky University, College of Health & Human Services, as well as the administrative support needs associated with accelerated online programs. The academic programs necessitating this hire are associated dominantly with accelerated online programs, which continue to experience dramatic growth for the college. This position is critical to supporting the college infrastructure to meet the academic demands accompanying this growth.
This position is a vital component to making the College of Health & Human Services ( CHHS ) operate efficiently and effectively.
• Admissions Processing for academic programs in CHHS : Maintain departmental tracking spreadsheets in Excel (on shared K Drive) to determine number of applicants, progress in admission process, status of admission and compliance to departmental admission requirements. Close attention to detail, organizational skills, time management, confidentiality and the ability to prioritize are essential.
• Work closely with college admissions team to ensure all applications are processed in a timely manner and changes in admission procedures are clearly communicated.
• Serve as the primary contact for prospective students communicating via phone and e-mail; meet with and advise prospective students regarding admissions process as needed.
• Communicate and collaborate with faculty, staff and external offices ( Office of Graduate Education, Office of Admissions, Office of University Registrar) on a regular basis via email and telephone calls.
• Create and maintain communication from CHHS to new applicants and admits through the admissions process
• Work closely with CHHS advising team to provide seamless transition from admission to advising for new students
• Assist with execution of enrollment strategic planning
• Support other responsibilities, as needed.
High school and 2 years of experience required.
Computer skills, with proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.). Require good time management, interpersonal, and communication skills, as well as the ability to adapt to change quickly. Also, require good data skills, keen attention to detail, and very high accuracy rate.
Application review begins immediately.
Minimum Education High School Diploma Preferred Education Associates Degree Minimum Experience 2 years Salary $13.60/hr minimum Pay Grade S66
Requisition Number 2021S1348 Job Open Date 04/28/2021 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link https://jobs.nku.edu/postings/10238 Is this an internal only posting? Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Explain why you are interested in this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application