Chairperson - School of Nursing (Beckley Campus)
The West Virginia University School of Nursing is seeking applications for a full-time, faculty position as the Chairperson of the BSN Beckley Department at the WVU Tech Campus. The Department Chairperson is an administrator who assumes the authority and responsibility for all administrative aspects of the department which they chair as well as shared responsibility for the academic programs in which the faculty teach. This position reports directly to the Dean of the School of Nursing.
Duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Providing leadership, in collaboration with the Associate Dean of Academics and Director of BSN Program.
- Formulating any administrative policies specific to the department.
- Assisting the Dean in formulating administrative policies for the School.
- Oversight of the departmental budget in consultation with the faculty, the Dean, and WVU SON Chief Business Planning Officer.
- Working with the search committee to fill faculty vacancies.
- Supervision of faculty and staff in the department and completing annual evaluations based on Faculty Retention Promotion and Tenure (FRPT) and WVU standards.
- Assisting in preparation of State Board of Nursing, CCNE reports and other reports as needed.
- Formulating faculty teaching assignments.
- Represent WVU SON through participation on the WVU IT Executive Committee.
- Assist with organization of the annual Pledge and Pinning Ceremonies.
- Attend graduation on the Beckley Campus.
- Candidates must have a doctorate degree in nursing or related field with a minimum of 5 years teaching experience.
- Current unencumbered W est Virginia RN license.
- Salary, academic rank, and track will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Electronic submission of application with supporting credentials (letter of interest addressing the requirements above, current curriculum vitae, contact information for three professional references including names, postal addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers, and permission to contact these references) can be made at: https://wvu.taleo.net/careersection/faculty/jobdetail.ftl?job=16793 .
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.