IT Security Analyst
IT Security Analyst
Blue Bell, PA
Montgomery County Community College invites applications for the IT Security Analyst position. The IT Security Analyst operates and monitors the systems that support institutional Information Security objectives. In addition, the analyst will configure system alerting, develop automation and document IT security team processes. The analyst will work directly with end users to ensure protection of college systems and data.
- Associate’s Degree in Information Technology or related field required, advanced degrees preferred.
- Approved industry Security Certification preferred.
- 2 years of directly relevant experience managing computer networks and/or computer security in a professional setting preferred.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
- Understanding of networking, firewalls, security operations and monitoring.
- Knowledge of endpoint and network security issues.
- Experience with Linux, Windows or macOS
- Proficiency in scripting (PowerShell, Python, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
- Required to be on-call to respond to technical emergencies that disrupt system availability.
- Requires work during non-business hours, evenings, and weekends to apply system updates and patches.
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in all interpersonal contacts, and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks according to required deadlines.
- Maintain composure under stressful conditions.
Montgomery County Community College offers a comprehensive curriculum of more than 100 degree and certificate programs, a Virtual Campus, a Culinary Arts Institute, a Municipal Police Academy, and specialized workforce development programs, all of which leverage the College’s nationally ranked use of innovative technology. An Achieving the Dream (AtD) Leader College, the institution is positioned at the vanguard of national efforts to increase completion, improve learning outcomes, and remove barriers to access for more than 24,000 students annually. The College is also recognized regionally and nationally for its sustainability leadership, work with military veterans, and community service and service learning opportunities. Montgomery County Community College was recognized by NISOD and Diverse: Issues in Higher Education as one of sixteen “2021 Promising Places to Work in Community Colleges.” Visit mc3.edu or join us on Twitter @mccc.
Apply online: For the complete job description and to apply for this position, please visit https://www.mc3.edu/employment-opportunities Closing date for applications is 5/23/2021.
Montgomery County Community College (MCCC) has a strong institutional commitment to diversity and is dedicated to excellence through diversity in education and employment. MCCC, an EEO Employer, provides equal employment and educational opportunities to all who are qualified. In keeping with the College’s diversity initiative, MCCC seeks and welcomes applications from diverse candidates, those who have had multicultural experience, and those who can demonstrate a commitment to diversity.