Assistant Director of IT Security
Assistant Director, IT Security
Blue Bell, PA
Montgomery County Community College invites applications for the Assistant Director of IT Security position. The Assistant Director of IT Security serves as the lead technical resource in the independent implementation and management of systems that support institutional Information Security objectives. The position translates information security strategy as communicated by the Director into system implementations and configurations. Acting as a lead technical expert, the position is a resource to the Information Security Analyst (FT) and Information Security Intern positions. The position leads the technical and systems aspects of information security projects. As directed by the Director, IT Security, the position performs incident response activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field required.
- Approved IT industry certification required.
- Approved industry Security Certification preferred.
- 3-5 years of directly relevant experience supporting computer networks and/or computer security systems in a professional setting.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
- Thorough understanding and experience in networking, firewalls, load balancers and VPN.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the use of network security analysis, scanning, and forensics tools.
- Knowledge of data and network security issues, vulnerability management, network security systems monitoring, detection and prevention systems.
- Experience with Linux, Windows and macOS.
- Proficiency in scripting (PowerShell, Python, etc.).
- Ability to lead projects from inception to completion.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
- Required to be on-call to respond to technical emergencies that disrupt system availability.
- Requires work during non-business hours, evenings, and weekends to apply system updates and patches.
- Highly motivated, focused, and results oriented.
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in all interpersonal contacts, and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks according to required deadlines.
- Maintain composure under stressful conditions.
- Ability to be optimistic, positive, and supportive in interactions with others.
Montgomery County Community College offers a comprehensive curriculum of more than 100 degree and certificate programs, a Virtual Campus, a Culinary Arts Institute, a Municipal Police Academy, and specialized workforce development programs, all of which leverage the College’s nationally ranked use of innovative technology. An Achieving the Dream (AtD) Leader College, the institution is positioned at the vanguard of national efforts to increase completion, improve learning outcomes, and remove barriers to access for more than 24,000 students annually. The College is also recognized regionally and nationally for its sustainability leadership, work with military veterans, and community service and service learning opportunities. Montgomery County Community College was recognized by NISOD and Diverse: Issues in Higher Education as one of sixteen “2021 Promising Places to Work in Community Colleges.” Visit mc3.edu or join us on Twitter @mccc.
Apply online: For the complete job description and to apply for this position, please visit https://www.mc3.edu/employment-opportunities Closing date for applications is 5/23/2021.
Montgomery County Community College (MCCC) has a strong institutional commitment to diversity and is dedicated to excellence through diversity in education and employment. MCCC, an EEO Employer, provides equal employment and educational opportunities to all who are qualified. In keeping with the College’s diversity initiative, MCCC seeks and welcomes applications from diverse candidates, those who have had multicultural experience, and those who can demonstrate a commitment to diversity.