Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs--STEM
Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs--STEM
Blue Bell, PA
Montgomery County Community College invites applications for the Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs--STEM position. The Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs—STEM is responsible for supporting the Dean with overall management and operations; bringing to resolution faculty and student needs and concerns; supporting the faculty in assessment processes; supporting both internal and external STEM programming; and supporting student and faculty success. This position has college-wide responsibilities that require travel between campuses and to offsite locations.
- Master’s degree in STEM discipline required. Doctorate preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years administrative experience required
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience in higher education, preferably at a community college.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and critical thinking skills. Ability to function independently to effectively resolve problems and make decisions, handle multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and produce quality work with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated commitment to student and faculty success; Ability to work well with different people from diverse backgrounds and communities to promote cooperative interactions and outcomes.
- Experience or aptitude for working with representatives from external constituencies, K-12 partners, and agencies in the identification of general education and/or occupational programming to meet the needs of the College and community.
- Ability to assimilate data to inform decision making and organize presentations to individuals and groups.
- Commitment to long-range planning, program and outcomes assessment and a willingness to work within the College’s strategic plan, Academic Strategic Plan, and quality improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching and learning in and out of the classroom.
- Experience in supervising and managing personnel, required, faculty supervision preferred.
- Experience in writing and management of grants preferred.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies as tools for teaching, learning and administering.
- Demonstrated understanding of and appreciation for developmental education, workforce development, and service learning.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Colleague, including Internet, email, database, spreadsheet, word processing and presentation experience preferred.
Montgomery County Community College offers a comprehensive curriculum of more than 100 degree and certificate programs, a Virtual Campus, a Culinary Arts Institute, a Municipal Police Academy, and specialized workforce development programs, all of which leverage the College’s nationally ranked use of innovative technology. An Achieving the Dream (AtD) Leader College, the institution is positioned at the vanguard of national efforts to increase completion, improve learning outcomes, and remove barriers to access for more than 24,000 students annually. The College is also recognized regionally and nationally for its sustainability leadership, work with military veterans, and community service and service learning opportunities. Montgomery County Community College was recognized by NISOD and Diverse: Issues in Higher Education as one of sixteen “2021 Promising Places to Work in Community Colleges.” Visit mc3.edu or join us on Twitter @mccc.
Apply online: For the complete job description and to apply for this position, please visit https://www.mc3.edu/employment-opportunities Closing date for applications is 5/16/2021.
Montgomery County Community College (MCCC) has a strong institutional commitment to diversity and is dedicated to excellence through diversity in education and employment. MCCC, an EEO Employer, provides equal employment and educational opportunities to all who are qualified. In keeping with the College’s diversity initiative, MCCC seeks and welcomes applications from diverse candidates, those who have had multicultural experience, and those who can demonstrate a commitment to diversity.