Special Events & Late-Night Manager
The college is pleased to announce an opening for a Dining Services Special Events & Late-Night Manager. Reporting to the Sr. Operations Manager of Paresky Dining, this position will act as a liaison to meet the needs of students, faculty, and community members for student dining and special functions.
Complexities of the role will entail assisting managers in overseeing the dining needs for the 82 Grill, Whitman Late Night, and Lee After Dark, as well as all campus events. They will also be responsible for assisting the Catering Team with bars, liquor compliance, bartenders, and wait staff hiring and dining hall coverage as required.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented groups or who have experience working with a broadly diverse student population to apply. In their cover letter, applicants should highlight relevant experience with working with and supporting students, Faculty, and staff from culturally-diverse backgrounds based around effective communication and services.
- Floor coverage for late-night meal periods in Whitman's Late Night, Lee After Dark, and 82 Grill and events requiring alcohol on campus.
- Organizing and Managing of special events bars on campus, ensuring compliance with liquor law regulations, implementing training for Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS), liquor inventory, cost control and maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Ordering all alcohol and non-alcoholic beverages for the Faculty House and Catering special events based on par stock and special requests.
- Responsible for monitoring and expediting the GET app mobile ordering system; including the ability to program, update inventory, solve issues, & customer service.
- Ensures that the Unit’s FY forecasted budget in areas of food, labor, and direct expense.
- Reviews PeopleSoft reports on a weekly basis, analyze monthly financial reports and expenditures with the Director.
- Responsible for menu planning, forecasting, and overseeing ordering on a timely basis using CBORD/FSS System for the 82 Grill.
- Supports sustainable programs purchasing locally grown produce when possible.
- Assists with training of staff in the areas of quality assurance, customer service, food safety, and appropriate skill level development. Utilize Steritech audit results for safety compliance.
- Responsible for writing staff evaluations for the 82 Grill, Whitman's Late Night staff, including the Night Supervisor and Lead Attendant.
- Assists with planning and execution of all campus events.
- Provides dining support and coverage for dining units as needed.
- Works closely in assisting the Mission Park Production Kitchen for all campus/special event set-ups.
- Ensures proper HACCP guidelines, Current in BBP and MSDS training. Ensures adherence to all software programs and procedures including Micros, Access TV, LeanPath, FSS, Bartender & Net Nutrition.
At least 2 years event and / or food service management experience required
A Bachelor’s degree is preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
A high degree of organization skill is necessary to manage and coordinate multiple tasks in a fast-moving environment with high customer satisfaction goals
Great interpersonal, communication and customer-service skills
Ability to hire, train, manage and schedule staff
Extensive knowledge of liquor, bartending and service protocols
Knowledge of Micros, Asses TV, LeanPath, FSS, Bartender, and Net Nutrition
Application review will begin on May 26, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled. Pay starts in the mid to high $50,000’s, commensurate with experience. Job group 2-D.
Conditions of Employment
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown