Hourly Administrative Asst
Job Code/Title 81191 - H - Administrative Assistant GA 1 Position Number HU1372 Working Title Hourly Administrative Asst Department Oral Diagnostic Sciences Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate Campus MCV Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week Up to 29 hrs/wk Normal work days Monday - Friday Normal work hours 8am - 5pm Job Category Administrative/ Secretarial/ Clerical Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
The duties of the Administrative Assistant in Oral Diagnostic Sciences include:
- Receiving and cataloging new tissue submissions
- Mailing biopsy kits to over 800 contributors
- Providing the conduit for tissue processing at VCUHealth
- Daily interaction with our insurance billing service to ensure all required information accompanies each tissue biopsy so as to guarantee timely submission of insurance claims for each patient
- Coordination of laboratory results with the various cancer treatment centers ( UVA, Johns Hopkins, and Massey Cancer to name a few)
- Other relevant duties as assigned
• High School diploma required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
• Excellent telephone, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to compose appropriate written communication documents.
• Ability to serve as a team member and to continuously refine protocols and procedures for efficiency and effectiveness.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as an employee at VCU .
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to rapidly multi-task.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Strong problem and decision-making solving skills.
• Academic and/or dental experience is preferred.
Job Open Date 04/28/2021 Remove from posting on or before 05/14/2021 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/105512 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond