Robot Prototype Programmer
Job Code/Title 82761 - H - Lab/Research Technician 1 Position Number HU1363 Working Title Robot Prototype Programmer Department Computer Science Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $16 - $18 Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week up to 29 hrs/wk Normal work days Monday-Friday; varies on need Normal work hours 8 am - 5 pm; varies on need Job Category Laboratory Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
The Robot prototype programmer will be responsible for the day-to-day activities required to support the research goals of a large research lab.
Specifically, duties include:
- Facilitate research in the area of robot programming and
assist in the completion of critical lab functions
- Execute prescribed protocols as outlined by supervisor in a timely and organized manner
- Consistently record experimental results in comprehensive laboratory
- notebooks and periodically report to supervisor
- Perform general clerical tasks necessary for daily operation of laboratory
- Perform routine laboratory tests and experimental procedures
- Assist research personnel with more complex experiments and procedures
- Part-time, non-benefited position limited to 28 hours per week
- Previous experience working in a laboratory is required.
- Previous experience in robot programming is required.
- The College of Engineering supports a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment. The candidate will demonstrate
experience that shows their commitment to fostering such an environment
- Ability to coordinate and conduct multiple experiments simultaneously.
- Must be detail-oriented and have good observation skills.
- Should have a willingness to learn and use specialized techniques.
- Familiarity with the research process and principles of research design required
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Ability to establish priorities and to handle multiple tasks
- Successful applicant should be able to generate sound scientific data and associated reports with the ability to
present results clear and concisely across frequent internal and external team meetings
Preferred Qualifications Job Open Date 04/20/2021 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/105342 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Briefly describe any previous laboratory experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you able to handle working on multiple tasks at one time?
Please give specific examples.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document