Assistant Director, Corporate Relations - (STA007290)
Manages a portfolio of corporate prospects in support of university-wide initiatives and college or unit fundraising priorities.
- Assists in the development and implementation of a strategic business plan for corporate relations, including businesses ranging from sole proprietorship's to major corporations, corporate foundations, business and community organizations and private foundations.
- Manages a portfolio of prospects mostly at the level of $25,000 to $100,000.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with businesses and organizations to include cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donor prospects; works with administrators, the research division, faculty, staff and volunteers as appropriate.
- Writes proposals, stewardship reports and similar documents.
- Supports colleges and units with the implementation of corporate fundraising strategies related to their annual business plans and fundraising priorities.
- May be assigned to manage intra or inter-college fundraising initiatives.
- Participates in University-wide development activities as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years experience.
Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.Experience:
Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.Preferred: Experience with fundraising or business development.
- Responsibilities: Reporting to the Director for Corporate Relations, this position will also support the programmatic growth and restricted funding for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Data Science Institute (HPE DSI) and other high level programs as needed.
- Assist in the development of a strategic plan for industry collaboration.
- Enable framework for holistic corporate relations opportunities (research, sponsorship, philanthropy) based on a prioritization of companies, relationships and projects which bring overall value to the university.
- Create and manage a comprehensive view of corporate investment by guiding the HPE DSI’s research dollars to build the base for future investment.
- Work with internal stakeholders to manage projects in order to drive future revenue.
- Manage key relationships for individuals who serve on key DSI Advisory Board in order to link them (and their companies) to strategic projects.
- In partnership with Relationship Manager, manage stewardship tracking and reporting for HPE.
- Track progress of DSI projects (e.g., Dashboard) currently managed through a CFR dashboard.
- Partner in evaluating the viability of implementing the HPE ideas/suggestions/requests.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Development & Advancement Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Alumni Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston