Faculty - Process Technology
Position Title Faculty - Process Technology FLSA Exempt Contract Length 12 months Class Summary
Responsible for providing instruction within the Process Technology – Industrial Careers Department. Develop and revise curriculum and course work. Establish and be available for scheduled office hours for student consultation, and maintain open and consistent communications with students. Attend Department meetings and other mandatory College events. Participate in mandatory College training and professional development. Serve on College committees as needed and assigned. Participate in student advisement and mentoring activities as needed and assigned.
Position Type Faculty Employment Status Full Time Position Funding Regular Minimum Education/Training/Experience
An Associate’s Degree in Process Technology or a degree in Engineering (e.g., chemical, mechanical, industrial, safety, etc.) and at least five years’ work experience in the profession.
Associates Degree or higher in one of the following qualifying fields with five years of experience in the process industry.
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community to foster a cooperative work/learning environment.
• Principles and practices of teaching;
• Knowledgeable and able to develop and evaluate curriculum using instructional design and adult learning concepts.
• Knowledge of student engagement techniques, learning styles, retention strategies, and learning-centered philosophy.
• Skills in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, and/or presentation software.
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports and maintain records, as appropriate.
• Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects; to analyze and solve problems; organize resources and establish priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
• Experience with or willingness to learn latest teaching/learning technologies and online instruction
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
• Prepare, develop, revise curriculum and course work.
• Teach classes as scheduled.
• Complete all instruction-related paperwork (e.g., textbook requests, incomplete grade contracts, etc.) in a timely fashion, i.e., by the deadline given by the supervisor/college.
• Serve on committees, as appropriate.
• Participate in student advisement and mentoring activities as needed and assigned.
• Participate in student recruitment and retention activities.
• Adhere to the College academic calendar (e.g., with regard to submission of grades, attendance at mandatory events, and required contact hours in courses taught).
• Complete professional development related to roles and responsibilities.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 10 pounds to move and set-up equipment for demonstration and class room instruction.
Posting Number F145P Candidates that are eligible apply Internal/External Special Instructions to Applicant
Please NOTE : All applications must contain complete job histories, which include job title, dates of employment (month/year), name of employer, supervisors name and phone numbers and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be considered incomplete. Applications with “See attached” or “See resume” will not be accepted in lieu of a complete application. Omission of data can be the basis for disqualification; you may state “unknown” for any incomplete fields. A scanned copy of unofficial transcript(s) must be attached to the online application.
Minimum Salary Range TBD Mid Point Salary Range TBD Maximum Salary Range TBD Posting Open Date 04/26/2021 Posting Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://jobs.com.edu/postings/2437 EEO Statement
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran status.
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you available to work in the evening (6 pm to 10 pm)?
- Do you have an Associate's degree or higher?
- Transcripts (1 of 3)
- Cover Letter
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City