Administrative Associate III, Admission/New Student Services
Admissions/New Student Services invites applications for an Administrative Associate III . The person assigned to this position must provide exceptional front-line customer service to prospective/current students, their families and internal UM departments. Working in an administrative support role for numerous staff members, the employee occupying this role will conduct all administrative assistant functions within the University of Montana (UM) Admissions Office.
The individual assigned to this position will assume the following duties and responsibilities:
Support and maintain processes within the Admissions Office:
- Answer phones and ensure callers inquiries are answered and/or routed to the proper employee in order to ensure that inquiries are addressed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitor, sort and reply to admission's email account
- Manage and respond to chat function on Admission's webpage
- Process incoming mail and match documents to prospective students
- Monitor and maintain outgoing mail for Admissions, including brochures, campus visit materials, RFI packages and admission packages. Ensure accuracy and efficiency
Provide general office support:
- Assist in the hiring and task management of student workers
- Collaborate closely with Admissions recruitment staff and student workers
- Monitor office supplies and functions and ensure reordering and restocking when inventory is low.
- Follow up, in a timely manner, on unusual or detailed information requests
- Accurately complete data entry and database edits
- Maintain contact records in CRM
The person assigned to this position may act as a supervisor for the student workers or volunteers assigned to the department; however, the employee in this role is not responsible for the management or supervision of classified staff members or contract professional employees.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (particularly when dealing with members of the public, including students and their families)
- Exceptional communication skills (including both oral and written communications)
- Exceptional time management skills
- Highly developed organizational skills
- Skills required to proficiently and productively use commonly utilized office software (such as MS Office and office equipment (such as a copier, fax machine, etc.)
Minimum Required Experience
- High School diploma and three (3) years’ of directly related professional work experience or any combination of experience and education that would provide the competencies required to successfully discharge the essential duties assigned to this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Previous work experience in either an admissions or marketing professional setting
About Admissions/New Student Services and UM
The missions of the Admissions Office is to attract, support and enhance student enrollment at the University of Montana by providing quality information, services and complete financial options to make the college enrollment process efficient, accessible and student centered.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
Nestled in at the base of Mount Sentinel and on the banks of the Clark Fork River, UM campus is described as one of the most beautiful in the US. The region boasts unparalleled year around recreational opportunities and a vibrant arts and culture community. UM offers a unique opportunity for professional growth in a magnificent environment. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
UM provides a culture that values hard work, intellectual curiosity, diversity, collegiality, innovative thinking, and teamwork, making it a great place to grow and develop professionally. Located in the heart of western Montana’s stunning natural landscape, UM attracts first rate teachers, researchers, and students from around the world. A city within a city – with its own eateries, stores, medical facilities, banking and postal services, and zip code – UM has an increasingly diverse population and rich culture.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Position Title: Administrative Associate III
Position Number: NEW
Department: Admissions/New Student Services
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year.
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Application Deadline: Wednesday, May 19, 2021 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Candidates are required to submit the following materials online
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner