Education Abroad Advisor
University of Idaho
Education Abroad Advisor & Outreach/Marketing Coordinator
Division/College: Enrollment Management
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $41,288 or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Education Abroad Advisor & Marketing/Outreach Coordinator reports to the Director, Education Abroad. This position advises current University of Idaho (UI) students, the university community, and parents on the full range of education abroad programs offered at UI and manages the promotion, marketing and outreach of Education Abroad and the National Student Exchange program in print and online. This position manages the student ambassador program and supervises, develops and evaluates the program. This position leads Education Abroad programming and events and ensures they align with unit policies and national best practices; including, fairs, pre-departure orientation and returnee programs as well as orientation and communication for outgoing education abroad students (in-person and online).
• Bachelor’s degree Education, International Studies, Business Marketing, or a related field
• Experience presenting and writing information clearly and concisely to individuals, small and large groups
• Experience in advertising and/or marketing to a targeted audience
• Experience interpreting and applying standards and regulations
• Master’s degree in a related field (i.e.; international education, higher ed administration)
• 2 years related work experience
• International experience studying, working or living abroad
• Experience working successfully with diverse students and colleagues
• Experience creating advertising materials with design software (Canva, Illustrator, InDesign, other)
• Experience managing content calendars and social media networks
• Experience with Banner and Terra Dotta Software Database management system
• Knowledge of best practices in the field of Education Abroad
• Knowledge of best practices in marketing/advertising in Education Abroad
• Ability to display strong organizational skills and to successfully manage competing priorities
• Ability to work independently and take initiative with new and existing projects
• Proficiency in a second language
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002797P
Posting Date: 04/27/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
This position is open until filled, however, applications received on or before May 20, 2021 will receive first consideration.
Position will remain open until a sufficient pool of candidates is identified.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.