Director of Field Placement
University of Idaho
Director of Field Placement
Division/College: College of Education, Health & Human Sciences
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: Commensurate with experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Department of Curriculum & Instruction (C&I), College of Education, Health and Human Sciences (EHHS) at the University of Idaho (UI) seeks passionate and well-qualified applicants for a full-time (9-month) senior instructor position in Elementary/Secondary Education. The successful candidate will be based at the UI Moscow campus, responsible for building partnerships with school districts, coordinating the placement of teacher candidates for internships and practicums, and teaching a social studies/culturally inclusive methods class each semester.
We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute to diversity and inclusion through their teaching and service experience.
· Master’s degree in curriculum and instruction or closely related field;
· Experience as a certified teacher in P-12 settings;
· Experience with online education and instruction;
· Experience with or ability to coordinate and supervise practicum and internships;
· Demonstrated ability to utilize technology in communications, assessment, teaching, and learning.
· Minimum of 5 years of teaching experience in P-12 schools;
· Experience teaching diverse student populations;
· Experience placing preservice teacher candidates in K-12 schools;
· Experience teaching, advising, and supervising preservice teacher candidates;
· Ability to build and maintain strategic alliances and key partnerships with community-based organizations, public and private schools, and academic faculty in departments across campus;
· Experience in providing professional development for preservice and in-service teachers;
· Ability to appropriately handle confidential information;
· Knowledge of the “Danielson framework” for teacher evaluation;
· Effective verbal and written communication skills - compose and disseminate correspondence regarding internship and practicum activities;
· Strong interpersonal skills.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: F000910P
Posting Date: 04/27/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
First consideration date is June 1, 2021.
Applicants, please Include a current curriculum vitae, letter of application, statement of scholarly focus and teaching philosophy, unofficial transcripts, statement on diversity and inclusion (Under Other Document 1), and names and contact information for three references. Application materials should clearly communicate how the applicant meets all required qualifications.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.