Visitor Center Coordinator
Visitor Center Coordinator
Target Hire Date
06/01/2021 - 1 month to go
Join our community and experience Emerson College!
This position provides in person reception services and student supervision in the Visitor Center and acts as liaison to Senior Associate Director and Senior Assistant Director. This will be a 6 month temporary position.
Visitor Center Customer Service
- Provides outstanding customer service and serves as the initial point of contact for prospective students and families (both undergraduate & graduate) as well as high school counselors, alumni and other guests.
- Coordinates day to day operations in managing student supervision and daily in-person visit schedule, and assists with virtual visits.
- Administrative duties, including answering phones, greeting visitors and maintaining a welcoming and professional reception area for the Visitor Center.
- Presents a professional image to the general public in all telephone, e-mail, and face-to-face contact.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Senior Associate Director and Senior Assistant Director.
Daily Visit Coordination
- Work with Senior Associate Director and Senior Assistant Director to create covid visit protocol guidelines and adhere to visit limitations.
- Assist Senior Assistant Director in the training and supervision of Student Ambassadors.
- Keep track of student in-person hours on When I Work, helping Senior Assistant Director to coordinate payroll.
- Use CRM Slate to manage daily guest check-in of in-person events, monitor registration numbers for campus visits, conclude events and coordinate logistics with the Senior Assistant Director.
- Work with student supervisors to audit in-person tours and work with Senior Assistant Director to implement changes to tour as needed.
- Coordinate group visit experiences for in-person groups following covid visit protocol guidelines and adhere to visit limitations.
- Maintain the Visitor Center's inventory of office supplies and coordinate ordering of additional supplies as needed.
- Work with ITS for technology updates to equipment.
- Assist Senior Associate Director in managing Panoscape screens and video content.
- Present weekly admission information sessions to prospective students and families as needed.
- Assist the Senior Associate Director in the planning and execution of on-campus admission events, including Fall Open House, Spring Admitted Student Events, and Counselor Fly-ins.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Previous experience with the CRM Slate is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Evening and weekend work required during large-scale events and peak Admission seasons.
Grade of Position: T01E
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 36.25
Hiring Range: $36,150.00 - $37,800.00
To apply, please visit: https://emerson.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Emerson_College_Staff/job/Boston-Campus/Visitor-Center-Coordinator_JR002621
Emerson College is the nation’s only four-year institution dedicated exclusively to majors in communication and the arts in a liberal arts context. Its main campus is located in the center of the dynamic multicultural city of Boston, in close proximity to major publishing houses, arts institutions, and research centers. The college also has campuses in Los Angeles and the Netherlands. Emerson College enrolls over 4,300 graduate and undergraduate students from more than 70 countries and all 50 states.
Emerson College believes diversity enriches the educational experience by providing students with the opportunity to learn from individuals who may have different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Engagement with diversity in the curriculum, in our co-curricular offerings, and all other aspects of the College enhances the personal and intellectual growth of all members of our campus community. Emerson is committed to strengthening communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development of the intercultural competencies necessary for meaningful citizenship in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society. Emerson College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender in its educational programs or activities. Emerson has designated the Associate Vice President, Title IX, and Clery Coordinator to respond to inquiries regarding the College Sexual Misconduct Policy. The Title IX Coordinator may be reached at 8 Park Plaza, Transportation Bldg, Room 230 Boston, MA 02116; Telephone: 617-824-8999; email: email@example.com
Annual Clery Report
In accordance with the federal Clery and Campus SaVE Acts, Emerson College commits to providing all current and prospective students and employees with access to the annual campus security reports for each of our campuses. This report may be accessed from the Emerson College Police Department website.
Information on Emerson College staff grade range