Dean of Math and Sciences
Arapahoe Community College was established in 1965 as the first two-year college in the greater Denver area. ACC provides students with innovative and responsive educational and economic opportunities. We are committed to preparing learners for life success by upholding the highest academic standards and supporting the growth and success of each individual.
Reporting to the Vice President for Instruction and Provost, the Dean of the School of Mathematics and Sciences provides vision and strategic direction for the School and contributes to the overall instructional mission of the College. The Dean works collaboratively to develop and implement initiatives that align with the College’s learning outcomes, Guided Pathways model, and reinforce a commitment to student-centered learning. The School of Mathematics and Sciences includes the Social and Behavioral Sciences, Mathematics, Physical Sciences, Biology, and the Automotive Technology Program.
The Dean plans and directs instructional programs including leading the development of new curriculum, coordinating program renewals, and determining future programming, staffing, and resource needs of the School of Mathematics & Sciences. The Dean will guide the direction of Career and Technical Education programs within the School and work with industry, educational, and community partners to identify, develop, and implement programs and services to meet the needs of a diverse community.
The Dean establishes goals for the School that align with the College’s strategic directions, and works collaboratively with Directors and Chairs to develop, monitor, and assess performance goals and objectives. The Dean will hire, develop, and evaluate faculty and staff within the School and provide oversight for instructional assessment initiatives.
The Dean will demonstrate a commitment to equity-minded instruction and promote a leadership culture encouraging dialogue and fostering positive morale within the Division of Instruction.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Two years of postsecondary teaching experience.
- Two years of administrative or supervisory leadership experience in a postsecondary setting.
- Experience developing, managing, and evaluating employees.
- Experience in budget preparation and management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues and trends in higher education that affect budgets, policies, student services, tuition models, and instructional strategies.
- Community college experience and/or commitment to the community college mission.
- Experience maintaining compliance with governing boards and/or accreditation agencies.
- Experience with developing and implementing strategic initiatives.
- Grant management experience.
Advertised Salary Range
Salary range for this position is $90,000 - $97,000, commensurate with education and experience.
All applicants must submit a resume, detailed letter of interest addressing the job announcement, names and contact information for three professional references, and an application form. Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications as related to the duties and responsibilities of the position. To view the complete posting and submit your application, visit our Careers website.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $90,000 - $119,999 Full Time jobs in Littleton
- Academic Affairs Administrative $90,000 - $119,999 Full Time jobs in Littleton
- Academic Administration Administrative $90,000 - $119,999 Full Time jobs in Littleton
- Deans Administrative $90,000 - $119,999 Full Time jobs in Littleton