Head Men's Lacrosse Coach
Concordia University Chicago (CUC) invites applications for the full-time, exempt position of Head Men's Lacrosse Coach. This position is responsible for instructing players in lacrosse fundamentals and strategies, developing skill drills, developing player game sense and teamwork, while at the same time incorporating Concordia University's mission and fostering a Christian concern for the athlete's academic, athletic, social and spiritual development.
This position also plans and directs the men's lacrosse program which includes practice and game management, overseeing assistant coaches, scheduling, budgeting and promotion of the CUC sport and recruitment of scholar athletes. This position will also help with game management for one sport in the fall season. This position reports to the Director of Athletics and is located in River Forest, IL.
Service and Communications
- Exhibits a service mentality toward all students, coaches and staff members
- All communication with customers is effective, professional, accurate and timely
- Improves work performance and that of others by being receptive to and appropriately sharing information
Lead Men's Lacrosse Program
- Responsible for all aspects of on-site coaching while creating an environment that is consistent with the values of the university and fostering the development of the student-athlete program
- Instruction and creation of competitive practices and game/event schedule, arranging facility reservations and travel details for the program
- Instruct individual workout plans for each athlete to maximize skill development and potential, understanding of the game and game strategy
- Responsible for recruiting student-athletes, in consultation with Undergraduate Admission Department and Director of Athletics, who contribute to the realization of the lacrosse program objectives academically, athletically and spiritually
- Help facilitate academic success for all student athletes
- Organize study table opportunities for the student athlete in the program
General Administration Activities
- Supervises assistant coaches
- Responsible for preparing and monitoring the approved annual budget
- The coach will be assigned to game manage one or two athletic programs in the fall.
- The coach will provide all the game workers for the athletic events
Organize and Lead Summer Camp or clinics
- Develop summer camp opportunity
- Understanding of men's lacrosse strategy
- Relationship building and development of young people in a college setting
- Enthusiastic supporter of Lutheran higher education and the mission, vision, and core values of Concordia University Chicago
- Ability to display strong leadership and integrity
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and act professionally in all situations
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
Minimum Experience Required:
4 years of coaching lacrosse experience, preferably at the college level
Bachelor degree required; Master's preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
Starting range is dependent upon individual qualifications and experience. Concordia health, disability and retirement plan enrollment is available to full-time employees and their eligible dependents. Tuition benefits are also available for employees and their qualified dependents.
Interested individuals should include a cover letter, resume and references with their online application.
Concordia does not discriminate in the employment of individuals on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex or age. As an institution of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, however, and to the extent allowed by law, Concordia University reserves the right to give preference in employment based upon religious affiliation.
Concordia University Chicago does not generally sponsor for employment visas except for positions that oversee, teach or support our international programs.
About Concordia University Chicago:
Concordia University Chicago is a liberal arts-based Christian university founded in the Lutheran tradition. Through its College of Arts and Sciences, College of Business, College of Education, College of Graduate Studies, and College of Innovative and Professional Programs, Concordia-Chicago offers more than 160 areas of study in small classes taught by professors who are passionate about teaching and student success. All undergraduate and graduate degrees are fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Concordia University Chicago has been recognized as a College of Distinction since 2010, and in 2013 was named to the U.S. President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll for the fifth time. For the sixth consecutive year, combined undergraduate and graduate enrollment has exceeded more than 5,000 students. Concordia University Chicago is located in River Forest, 10 miles west of downtown Chicago. Learn more at CUChicago.edu.
Steadfast in Jesus Christ as revealed in the Holy Scriptures, Concordia University Chicago promotes academic rigor in its liberal arts and professional programs; grounds students in objective truth, integrity, and excellence; and practices faithfulness to the Confessional teachings of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod, as it forms students for vocations in church, family, and the world.