Limited-Term Assistant Professor of Art Education
Job ID: 225363
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
With an enrollment of over 1000 students, The Kennesaw State University School of Art and Design provides a rigorous education, offering a BFA degree in Art (concentrations in Art Education, Art History, Ceramics, Graphic Communications, Illustration, Painting and Drawing, Photography, Printmaking, Sequential Art, or Sculpture), a BFA in Digital Animation, and a BAT in Apparel Textiles Technology.
Our facilities provide students with state-of-the-art resources. The new space located at Chastain Pointe houses four large drawing and painting studios and an expansive printmaking area. 5 computer studios in the Visual Arts Building provide industry standard technology for our applied arts disciplines of Graphic Communications, Digital Animation, Illustration and Sequential Art. The Textiles facilities are on the Marietta campus.
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a nine-month, non-tenure track, Limited Term Assistant Professor of Art Education faculty position, beginning August 1, 2021.
We seek an applicant whose work addresses areas such as pre-service education and licensure, curriculum theory and assessment, contemporary art and design, teaching emerging digital technologies (virtual and interactive) in art education, community-based art, professional development with Pre K-12 teachers, action research and other related classroom-based methodologies.
This candidate will teach in both the undergraduate and the new MA in Art and Design graduate programs.
- Earned doctorate in Art Education or terminal degree in related area.
- Teaching experience in higher education, museums, and/or K-12 public schools.
- Experience with, or commitment to, educating and mentoring students of diverse backgrounds and demographics.
- Evidence of peer-reviewed research.
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness.
- Online teaching experience necessary.
- Eligibility for Georgia licensure in Art.
- College-level teaching experience.
- Research interest or experience with differentiation and inclusion in art education.
- Research interest in technology in the teaching of art.
- Research interest or experience with early childhood art education.
- Familiarity with edTPA performance-based assessment and/or student-teacher supervision.
- Five years of experience teaching art in a K-12 public school setting.
- Syllabus or student work samples indicating the incorporation of technology, visual culture, contemporary studio practices, digital arts, or graphic design into Art Education curriculum.
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts (Official Transcripts Due Upon Hire)
Apply Before Date
Open until filled.
For questions about this faculty opening, please contact Geo Sipp, email@example.com.
For more information or questions about a faculty job posting, please contact Academic Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical support, please call OneUSG Connect Support at 877-251-2644, or by email at email@example.com.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415