Psychology-MS Counselor or Ph.D. Psychologist
University MS Counselor or Ph.D. Psychologist
University of Medicine and Health Sciences-St. Kitts
Position Start Date: September 2021
Location: UMHS campus in St. Kitts, West Indies
The University of Medicine and Health Sciences-St. Kitts (UMHS) invites applications for a Counseling Psychology position.
UMHS is a state-of-the-art medical school located on the exotic Caribbean Island of St. Kitts. Faculty have a unique opportunity to become involved in the growth and success of the institution, and most importantly the opportunity to educate and nurture a new generation of physicians prepared to meet the 21st century health care delivery in a rapidly changing world.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing onsite counseling services to students in their first and second year of medical school. The position is full time on the island of St. Kitts in the Caribbean. The UMHS calendar year has three fifteen week semesters, with two to three weeks break between semesters for approved leave. Responsibilities include:
Providing personal counseling services to medical students who are experiencing difficulties associated with one or more of the following: Test specific anxiety, depression,
grief, academic difficulties, social anxiety, traumas, adjustment issues, family distress, poor coping mechanisms, impulse control issues, eating disorders, and career counseling.
- US tax free foreign earned income up to ninety thousand dollars a year.
- Health Insurance plan, University paid for employee and available to spouse and children at employee’s expense
- Participation in continuing education or national conference in the US once annually.
- Modern, state of the art campus and facilities in which to work.
- An earned MA or MS in Counseling Psychology with preference to a Ph.D. in
Clinical or Counseling Psychology from the U.S., Canada, or the U.K.
- Five years’ experience providing counseling services preferably
to students in an advanced academic program.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English
UMHS offers a traditional four-year Allopathic Doctor of
Medicine program leading to the M.D. degree. The university
operates year round and offers three semesters per calendar
year which start in January, May, and September. Students
complete the Basic Science Program at our state of the art campus
in St Kitts. The fifth semester occurs at the campus in
Portland, Maine. Students complete their third year of core
clinical rotations and fourth year of elective rotations in one of
our many affiliated, accredited teaching hospitals throughout the
United States. To graduate, students must successfully
complete the UMHS medical program and pass the USMLE Step 1 and
Step 2 CK. UMHS graduates are eligible to apply for a
US or Canadian residency and subsequently may practice medicine in
the United States and Canada.
UMHS utilizes innovative teaching techniques such as a 24-bed virtual hospital, small class sizes with individualized attention, and the use of technology to enhance instruction. The faculty is highly credentialed and recruited primarily from the United States.
Send letter of interest, CV, and references to:
Dr. Jerry Thornton, Executive Vice President email@example.com
and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
See more at: http://www.umhs-sk.org
Apply for Psychology-MS Counselor or Ph.D. Psychologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Other Social & Behavioral Sciences Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Psychology Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Kitts and Nevis