Assistant Professor (Hematology-Oncology Hospitalist)
The Department of Pediatrics Hematology-Oncology section is seeking a qualified candidate for a critical Hematology-Oncology Hospitalist role.
Scope of practice:
- Works as part of a multidisciplinary team to manage inpatient care of Hematology/Oncology patients. Attends to patient/nursing needs on admitted inpatients as well as assists with new admissions. May also be called to Emergency Department to assess patients.
- Oversees junior level personnel including residents and potentially advanced practice practitioners. Supervises care they provide and provides education.
- One week of overnight inpatient coverage every four weeks.
- Attending on the inpatient (daytime) service teams within the faculty attending rotation (but with overall clinical time balanced between roles).
- Performing procedures (bone marrow aspirate/biopsy and lumbar puncture) for patients in various areas around the hospital.
- Serving as a 'backup' attending in the event a scheduled inpatient attending is unavailable due to illness, etc.
- Time is built into the schedule to allow for work on scholarly activity or personal projects.
- M.D. or equivalent degree
- Board certified or board eligible for Pediatric Hematology-Oncology boards
- Prior to employment start date must obtain Texas Medical License and Drug Enforcement Administration registration
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.