PEDIATRIC - ONCOLOGY OUTPATIENT APP Needed
Scope of practice:
- Multiple clinical teams exists for which an Advanced Practice
Practitioner may be hired, including but not limited to Hematology
(and subspecialty), Oncology (and subspecialty), Vascular
Anomalies, and Cell and Gene Therapy.
- Depending on the team identified duties may include
- Manage outpatient and/or inpatient care for designated patients
in a tertiary hospital setting.
- Inpatient clinical time may include weekend rounds or night
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team including Attending
Physicians, Hematology-Oncology fellows, Pediatric Residents,
Nurses and Pharmacists to provide optimal care to identified
- Perform procedures (bone marrow, lumbar puncture) on patients
- Clinical or basic science research opportunities may be
available on a case by case basis and may be discussed with Section
leadership during the application process.
Provides advanced nursing care to patients in a clinical setting in
an area of specialization under the direction of a physician.
- Obtain detailed history and perform physical examinations.
- Perform, order, and interpret diagnostic procedures in
accordance with relevant health concerns of the patient.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological
- Maintain records and write orders and progress notes in patient
charts as to status, treatments, and procedures.
- Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical
- Provide follow-up health maintenance care to patients in
accordance with protocols established with the supervising
- Communicate with physicians, patients, and the family members
of patients concerning patient care.
- Collaborates with providers, and practice staff in identifying
appropriate patients for care management.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Education Required:
- For Nurse Practitioner: Master’s degree in in Nursing.
- For Physician Assistant: Master’s degree in Physician Assistant
Studies. NOTE: Bachelor's degree in Physician Assistant Studies
accepted based on terminal degree requirements at time of
- Experience Required: None required.
- For Nurse Practitioner: Current license as a Registered Nurse
(RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing. Current Texas
Licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse (APRN-NP), and specialty
certification as required by department.
- For Physician Assistant: Current license as a Physician
Assistant by the State of Texas Physician Assistant Board.
Specialty certification as required by department.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action/Equal Access Employer.