Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor (Pediatric Oncologist)
The Department of Pediatrics Oncology section is seeking a qualified candidate for a critical Pediatric Oncologist role. Academic rank commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Scope of practice:
- Multiple clinical teams exists for which a physician may be hired, including but not limited to Hematology (and subspecialty), Oncology (and subspecialty), Vascular Anomalies, and Cell and Gene Therapy.
- Depending on the team identified duties may include
- Manage outpatient and/or inpatient care for designated patients in a tertiary hospital setting.
- Inpatient attending time includes night and weekend calls and rounds.
- Education and supervision of trainees including fellows, residents and advanced practice practitioners.
- Perform procedures (bone marrow, lumbar puncture) on patients as indicated.
- Serve as backup and consultant for Texas Children's Cancer and Hematology Centers physicians at our network of community hospitals.
- Clinical or basic science research opportunities may be available or expected on a case by case basis and will be discussed with Section leadership during the application process.
- M.D. or equivalent degree
- Board certified or board eligible for Pediatric Hematology-Oncology boards
- Prior to employment start date must obtain Texas Medical License and Drug Enforcement Administration registration
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.