Assistant Director, Real Estate Services
Reporting to the Executive Director of Real Estate, effectively manages the planning and execution of real estate transactions. Administers the negotiation and preparation of facility use agreements and employee housing. At the direction of the Executive Director of Real Estate (with the approval of the Vice President for Campus Planning, Infrastructure, and Facilities), administers the process of acquiring and selling real property, including easements. The position has the responsibility to ensure that all real property transactions are completed in an effective and timely manner for the benefit of the university.
- Master's degree in business, public administration or related field or bachelor's degree in business or
related field and considerable real estate transactional experience.
- Experience should demonstrate strong communication, interpersonal, customer service, and organizational skills; the capacity to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously; the working knowledge of real estate principles, practices, and law, and contract writing and interpretation; knowledge of basic real estate financial analyses.
- Good negotiation skills with ability to bring parties to a consensus.
- Experience in examining title reports, surveys, property descriptions, appraisals and environmental surveys/reports.
- Experience in the use of computers, and the use of word processing and accounting/spreadsheet software.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters.
- Extensive real estate transactional experience, preferably within a higher education setting.
- Experience as a Real Estate Paralegal.
- Credentialed as a Real Estate Paralegal or Real Estate Attorney.
Commensurate with Experience
May 12, 2021
- Must be able to travel to various properties to view sites and discuss client needs.
- Some walking, standing, climbing steps, bending and stooping may be required during site inspections.
- Must have a criminal background check
- Must have a driver's license check
- Statement of Economic Interest is required
- Some overnight travel may be required.
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Operations HR at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: April 27, 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Professional Fields Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Other Professional Fields Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Urban & Regional Planning Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg