Technical Writer & Project Coordinator
The Technical Writer and Project Coordinator for the Division for Technology Implementation will provide technical writing expertise and project management and administrative support for projects and resources as determined by the Division’s Operations Manager to support the development and implementation of innovative transportation technologies in support of VTTI’s mission. The scale of this role will be at the Division level, monitoring and leading efforts across all researchers in the Division. The selected candidate will initiate protocols for reporting process that follow sponsor requirements; set priorities and maintain division metrics. The candidate will assign tasks, monitor progress and evaluate efficiencies. The successful candidate must be able to work closely with Principal Investigators (PIs) and project managers in a team environment to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
The Technical Writer and Project Coordinator will have the following duties and responsibilities:
• Create and maintain project documentation, including timelines, resource plans, and interim and final written deliverables, and meeting minutes. They must also prepare presentations and regular status reports, serving as the main source of information about the project to internal and external teams.
• Writes, edits, collects and coordinates content for multiple concurrent proposals and responses to RFPs, RFIs and RFQs for current and potential clients, including private industrial providers/partners and state and federal government agencies.
• Provide leadership to operational aspects of a project. Possible tasks include coordinating with stakeholders and consultants, conducting internal meetings, reviewing finances, and streamlining the overall workflow, with the primary aim of keeping the project on schedule and under budget.
• The Technical Writer and Project Coordinator will work with other team members to prepare detailed plans for new projects, determining resource availability and resource forecasting, planning deliverable timelines based on resource availability, and helping determine work prioritization. This role also entails monitoring financial spending and assist with budget forecasting.
This role involves juggling multiple tasks and projects. To keep everything running seamlessly, the Technical Writer and Project Coordinator should be extremely organized, capable of multitasking and managing their time well. This role also requires collaboration at all levels of the organization, working with team members, senior management, and customers to move projects forward. This requires excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Master’s Degree in Engineering/Science and/or English, communications, journalism or related field. Candidates with a lesser degree and significant experience in lieu of Masters Degree may be considered.
• A strong record of progressive experience in today's communication fields, including demonstrated reporting, writing, and editing skills. Comprehensive knowledge of English grammar
• Ability to edit and write communication materials for multiple audiences
• Demonstrated experience in technical writing, research editing, and grant/contract proposal coordination.
• Demonstrated project management experience in conducting complex research projects in an academic or industrial environment
• Strong writing, communication, and organizational skills
• The willingness to work in a fast-paced flexible research environment
• Proficiency with current office computer software such as MS Word, PPT, and Excel
• Excellent attention to detail
• Creative, independent, and highly motivated
• Strong work habits and the ability to work independently as well as with a team
• Understanding of engineering principles needed to analyze, verify, and interpret work
• Experience in or familiarity with connected vehicles, automation, and/or vehicle electronics is highly desirable
• Familiarity with Web or graphic design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite and Web content management systems.
• Familiarity with federal government acquisition, solicitation RFP process and contracting resources
• Experience performing subjective and objective data analysis
• Primary work location in Blacksburg, VA is preferred, but a telework arrangement may be considered for the right candidate
Commensurate with Experience
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact (Lisa Eichelberger) at (firstname.lastname@example.org) during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: April 27, 2021
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg