Part-time Faculty WDCE Fitness and Wellness Instructor
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.
Job TitlePart-time Faculty WDCE Fitness and Wellness Instructor
Job Description SummaryMontgomery College is currently accepting applications for a possible opening for part-time faculty members teaching non-credit courses in Fitness and Wellness to the Lifelong Learning Institute’s students. We are seeking enthusiastic and dedicated teachers who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to engage adult learners.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
• The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not
constitute an assignment.
• The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment
and shall be determined at Management’s sole discretion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach short-term, non-credit courses in Fitness (Bone and Muscle Strength, Zumba, Gentle Cardio, and others) to individuals aged 50+. The classes will be offered via Zoom (Summer Semester); in person (Fall Semester).
- Manage students and the online teaching environment.
- Ensure clear/appropriate goals and safe instructions.
- Take attendance each class session.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- CPR Certification.
- Demonstrated experience teaching online.
- Demonstrate success in working with diverse populations.
- Faculty members are expected to have access to a personal computer with virus protection that can connect to the internet outside of the work location (i.e., office, classroom, college campus). Montgomery College (MC) provides an MC e-mail account and access to the learning platform, password-protected faculty sections of the website, college listservs, and other faculty communications tools.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without a sponsor.
- Degree in Physical Education is preferred.
Application Process :
- Online applications must be received by May 27, 2021.
For consideration, you must: (optional)
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment; Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree equivalency for international degrees.
Montgomery College is a tobacco and smoke-free workplace.
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
Closing DateThursday, May 27, 2021
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com .
Two (2) weeks’ notice required to provide accommodations.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Rockville
- Health & Medicine Not specified Part Time jobs in Rockville
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Rockville
- Humanities Not specified Part Time jobs in Rockville
- English & Literature Not specified Part Time jobs in Rockville