Adjunct Faculty - Education and Human Development and Family Services (Part-Time)
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR - EDUCATION AND HUMAN DEVELOPMENT AND FAMILY STUDIES (HDFS) – HDFS (PART-TIME)
Part-Time Instructor needed for our Human Development and Families Studies (HDFS) program.
We are looking for a part-time instructor for the HDFS program to work with students and current human services professionals seeking to complete HDFS AA, AAS, or certificates. The coursework in this program is specifically aligned to meet the Family Specialist state credential through Gateways to Opportunities. The HDFS program prepares students to work in a human services role and/or transfer to a four-year program. The HDFS courses focus on human development, family development, and theoretical and practical applications of human services.
At Truman College, our Mission dedicates us to deliver high-quality, innovative, affordable, and accessible educational opportunities and services that prepare students for a rapidly changing and diverse global economy. The HDFS program prepares students with the educational and professional knowledge they need to become credentialed to work in human services and/or transfer to a four-year HDFS (or related) program of study.
- Design courses to meet learning outcomes, and promote students' active participation in their own learning.
- Demonstrate excellence in teaching, commitment to integrating new technologies in the learning process, and the ability to inspire, motivate, and empower students to succeed.
- Meet contractual expectation including posting syllabi on the learning management system and submitting grades in accordance to CCC policy.
- Master’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or a similar field.
- Experience teaching adults is preferred.
- Experience in a human services professional role preferred.
- Experience teaching using a learning management system (LMS).
- Experience using Zoom and related technology to meet with students and colleagues remotely.
- Credential to teach online at CCC required by second semester teaching in the program.
- For consideration, all interested candidates, including current CCC employees, must submit the following documents together in MS Word or PDF format:
- A cover letter specifying which discipline you are applying for;
- A copy of your current resume or curriculum vitae;
- A statement of your teaching philosophy;
- A legible copy of your college transcripts (Unofficial transcripts initially accepted; official transcripts must be provided at time of interview.);
- Two letters of recommendation
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Education Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Instructional Technology & Design Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Professional Fields Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Social Work & Human Services Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago