Bard College, a liberal arts college on the Hudson River, is a
private institution working in the public interest.
Employer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/87042
Reporting to the Executive Vice President and Director of the
Center for Civic Engagement at Bard College and Vice Chancellor of
the Open Society University Network, Bard College is seeking a
Senior Executive Assistant.
This is a demanding position that provides administrative support
for a senior executive who oversees a wide array of projects
locally, nationally, and globally.
Core responsibilities include:
- Manage challenging calendar for executive on multiple
- Responding to and drafting/editing correspondence;
- Arranging international travel; and
- Coordinating administrative functions;
- Troubleshooting complex matters that arise in a timely
- Communicating with high-level internal and external
constituencies on behalf of the EVP;
- Overseeing office budget;
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is particularly suited for those who have the
capacity to work in a fast-paced setting.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- A bachelor’s degree and administrative experience at the
- Absolute discretion regarding confidential information;
- Diplomacy in handling sensitive matters;
- Excellent problem-solving, decision-making and time management
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading abilities;
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication
- Acute attention to detail;
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office, G-Suite, Acrobat
Experience in higher education institutions or NGOs and
international environments is preferred.
• Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and work in a
standard office environment.
• Must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds.
• Must be able to work occasional weekends and evenings as
Bard College’s main campus is in Annandale-on-Hudson, N.Y., with
1,900 undergraduate students; the College also includes multiple
graduate programs. The 1,000-acre campus sits along the Hudson
River and offers the Fisher Performing Arts Center, and Hessel
Museum of Art, and is the home of the Bard Prison Initiative, the
largest college-degree-granting prison education program in the
U.S. The Bard Network also includes several Bard High School Early
Colleges across the country as well as international campuses and
The Bard Network is complex and demonstrates Bard’s priorities well
in addition to the College’s emphasis on civic engagement. Bard
College is a private institution working in the public interest.
Bard faculty and staff lead their students by example, building
upon the existing network of boundary-breaking programs focused on
rethinking who can and should be included in a liberal arts
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and the names of three
contact references through Interfolio: http://apply.interfolio.com/87042
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome
applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical
disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and
reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment
practices, services, programs, and activities