Program Manager - Events, Marketing and Communications
The University of Colorado Boulder's Industry and Foundation Relations team encourages applications for a Program Manager, Events, Marketing and Communications! This position is primarily responsible for the planning, project management, and implementation of Industry and Foundation Relations (IFR) events, including site visit support and sophisticated meeting logistics; marketing and communications, including internal coordination with the Research & Innovation Office (RIO) and advancement marketing and communications; and orchestrating vital one-page or other opportunity-focused materials and event support. Events will consist of key signature events that occur on an annual basis along with ongoing unique events to accomplish strategic objectives. A major priority of this role is building relationships with key partners throughout the University for the successful execution of each event. This position provides crucial behind-the-scenes support for development officers to ensure their outreach and stewardship are well-supported. Duties are varying and complex, and require either the direct or indirect supervision of assigned programs and projects. This position will report to the Executive Director, Research Advancement, Industry and Foundation Relations.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the nation’s leading research universities, with world-class facilities, personnel and capabilities. CU Boulder’s Industry & Foundation Relations (IFR) team is dedicated to building collaborative, mutually beneficial relationships with industry partners and foundations. The streamlined IFR team is part of the university’s effort to deliver “a partner-centric" strategy and an on-campus support team that aligns financial investment in the research, discovery and creativity of Boulder’s faculty and students with satisfied corporate and foundation partners.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Develop and execute annual plan for Industry & Foundation Relations (IFR) events with a focus on outreach, stewardship, and relationship building efforts with industry and foundation partners. Create, implement and refine an event planning guide establishing the key steps for planning an event from start to finish (defining event goals and focus, finding and securing venue, inviting key constituents, developing the marking and promotional plan, finalizing event details, executing event, and completing post-event evaluation and follow-up).
Plan, coordinate and execute all details and logistics related to annual events, site visits, or sophisticated meetings, along with new events that are developed. This includes all administrative tasks associated with these events such as scheduling, booking venues, arranging for catering, securing vendor contracts, assembling and distributing agendas, gathering vital materials, communicating events, managing and tracking budget and expenditures, tracking attendance and managing invitation lists, troubleshooting problems when they arise, engaging with attendees, providing excelling customer service, conducting post-event debriefs, and involving relevant constituents.
In collaboration with the Research & Innovation Office (RIO) and Advancement marketing and communications teams, coordinate messaging and communications to internal and external audiences for all events via a variety of media including: email, newsletters, website, social media, event invitations, surveys, brochures, postcards, and other outlets as needed.
Generate and recommend events topics, content, speakers, and story ideas for print and electronic communications for the IFR.
Perform online research, benchmarking activities and be actively involved in at least one professional association to support the development and continuous improvement of the IFR office.
Work to support the greater Advancement and RIO teams to execute strategic priorities and achieve goals.
Work with Advancement and RIO staff to assist with overall IFR engagement activities and take ownership of certain initiatives when the need and skills align.
Manage IFR contact lists through Advancement database.
What You Should Know
Occasional travel and evening and weekend work is required.
What We Can Offer
The salary range is $50,000 - $60,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Genuine. Be Talented. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree at an accredited institution (or a combination of education and relevant work experience may be substituted for the degree on a year-for-year basis).
- 2 years of professional administrative experience, including some event or program management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in a work setting that demands high quality, flexibility, and excellent customer service.
- Experience with Excel in data manipulation database management.
What You Will Need
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of team in a fast-paced and sophisticated environment.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to ensure completion in a timely manner to meet due dates.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- Excellent communication verbally and written with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to make decisions and to address and resolve issues independently.
- Ability to handle confidential information in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to apply strong teamwork skills to daily management of tasks.
- Good time management and organization skills.
- Awareness and appreciation of cultural, political, and geographical differences, with ability to work well with faculty, staff, alumni, students from around the world.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Three years of experience planning or organizing large and small scale events with overlapping timelines.
- Experience in higher education Industry and Foundation communications, volunteer recruitment, and/or related areas, with proven track record of success.
- Experience using event marketing and management tools such as Salesforce, Marketing Cloud and Cvent.
To apply, please submit the following materials online:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by May 10, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Marketing & Sales Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder