Digital Media Manager (16977)
The Digital Media Manager for the School of Public Affairs (SPA) will assist in creating and implementing a comprehensive digital marketing, communications, and public relations program that will enhance SPA’s image and position within the marketplace, with the general public, and in graduate student recruitment and retention efforts. The Managerwill also create and manage social media strategy for SPA. This position will report to the Director of Strategic Communication & Public Relations.
1. Create and manage social media strategy for SPA (30% of Time)
- Execute the planning and creation of content for SPA’s social media channels.
- Write copy, as well as review and approve social media posts written by team members to ensure consistency and ensure coherent brand messaging.
- Maintain an eye for detail and deliver to deadlines.
- Understand current trends in social media and how to effectively reach target audiences using data-driven analytics
2. Write and edit copy for digital materials (30% of time)
- To include social media captions, digital advertisement copy, email marketing copy, website copy, and other stories asassigned.
- Proofread and copy edit all content used for digital purposes.
3. Multimedia design and layout (25% of time)
- Work with Director and other team members to assist in creating and incorporating graphic design, video, and layout elements for multimedia efforts on the web, in email marketing, and social media (paid and organic campaigns)
- Have a good eye for design and ability to work within a team to achieve integrated communication goals.
4. Team Management and Supervisory Responsibilities (10% of Time)
- Work with team members to create and deploy graphic designs for social media, website content development and writing.
- Collaborate on integrated communications plans and projects and review completed tasks to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Manage student workers assigned to social media tasks as necessary.
5. Special projects as necessary (5% of time)
- Assist the Director with any special projects as necessary.
Occasional Travel may be required to association conference relevant to Public Affairs .
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office, social media, email marketing platforms, and digital marketing
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills and the ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to serve as a “trusted advisor” to faculty and staff in departments and institutes across SPA in pursuit of communications and marketing objectives
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master's degree or equivalent
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
- Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options.
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Digital Media Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Other Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Public Relations & Advertising Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.