Staff Clinician (3926)
The Staff Clinician promotes the academic, social, and emotional well-being of students by providing assessment, time-limited individual counseling/psychotherapy, group therapy, crisis intervention, outreach, consultation, referrals for American University students, and participation in rotation of after-hours emergency coverage. The Staff Clinician also provides training and supervision using an integrative orientation for clinical trainees in a graduate level psychology program (including an APA-accredited internship); and participates in activities throughout the university. The person in this position adheres to all relevant ethical, legal, and professional standards.
- The Staff Clinician reports directly to the Director of Clinical Services along with the Clinical Case Manager
- The primary function of this position involves the delivery of clinical services and related activities
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Project Leader/Advisor B
Required Education and Experience
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Clinical or Counseling Psychology
- This position requires a mental health professional with a clinical license or license-eligibility as a Psychologist in the District of Columbia
Preferred Education and Experience
- Strong preference given to candidates 3+ years post-license with experience in a college/university counseling center
- Clinical supervision of trainees
- Understanding of human development and the promotion of healthy growth
- Strong professional interest and experience working with a diverse student population including students of color, international students, students with disabilities, and first generation college students
- Experience in assessing and intervening with severe or potentially life-threatening psychological conditions; sophisticated understanding of integrative and psychodynamic theory and experience providing clinical supervision
- Experience/interest in providing outreach programming
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on the successful completion of a background check
- Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options.
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Psychology Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.